Author Topic: Man started farming, not to make food, but to make alcohol from fermented grains  (Read 1702 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I agree that agriculture had its origins in addiction, but don't think it started with fermenting cereal grains to make alcohol. I think it started with people developing an addiction to opioid compounds in cereal grains. They probably learned about fermentation later.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
I agree that agriculture had its origins in addiction, but don't think it started with fermenting cereal grains to make alcohol. I think it started with people developing an addiction to opioid compounds in cereal grains. They probably learned about fermentation later.
I am sure you are right. But it is so much more effective propaganda versus the cooked-food-eating crowd to claim that cooking got started because people wanted to become  drunkards!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
They still wanted a fix, just from a different set of chemicals. Opioids instead of alcohol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk