Author Topic: The Alien Mind....  (Read 1847 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
The Alien Mind....
« on: July 14, 2017, 01:15:09 am »
Something happened to me today that reminded me of Philip K Dick's short story, "The Alien Mind". One of the great things about Central Europe is that, while there are no sashimi restaurants like in Central London, most decent restaurants have either (raw) beef-tartare/steak-tartare or (raw) beef carpaccio on their menus. Well, today, I visited a restaurant with an acquaintance and ordered the beef tartare. The waiter explained to me that the beef-tartare was unavailable because of the current heatwave. Naturally, with me being a solid rawpalaeo and having  eaten plenty of aged, stinky  raw meats with great pleasure in the past, this did not compute  and the waiter had to repeat his explanation twice further before I gave up.I considered trying to tell the waiter that I did not care about the meat being heated by the sun as I am a rawpalaeodieter with a fondness for aged, raw meats but I realised that this would just cause further trouble.Well, this just illustrates how completely differently-minded  we RPDers are from everybody else. I fear that I will be forced to eat raw salads instead whenever I go to a restaurant for the rest of the summer.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: The Alien Mind....
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 07:16:08 pm »
You eat meat from badly fed animals?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 07:50:34 pm »
You eat meat from badly fed animals?
Well, the restaurants in question generally use "organic" beef for making their beef-tartare, as the idea is that if the meat is of much higher quality than usual, then the much-feared "food-poisoning" is  much less likely. Usually this meat comes from Styria which has a much better reputation as regards feeding their animals on more natural diets. Austria, also is less known for intensive grainfeeding, with much of the meat coming from small-time Austrian peasant-farmers.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 08:52:09 pm »
Ah, you're lucky to find such good meat in a restaurant! :)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 01:16:50 am »
I haven't eaten in a restaurant in years. I think the last time was a salad at jack in the box.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk