Author Topic: Anybody eat lungs?  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Drengr

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Anybody eat lungs?
« on: July 21, 2017, 07:30:32 am »
I found a place that sells bison lungs and I'm curious about trying them. Does anyone here have experience eating them? Are there parts that are inedible and should be removed, is it tough and chewy?

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody eat lungs?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 08:30:51 am »
I've eaten lungs before. They are definitely tough and chewy. The taste is fine, but to eat them raw I've basically had to chop them into tiny pieces, chew them well to loosen up the connective tissue, and swallow them. You won't really tear them into smaller pieces with your teeth. They also have a peculiar texture, very light and airy. Like eating cartilaginous styrofoam.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 11:01:27 am »
I really like lungs.  I have no problems chewing it.  I cut them into bite size pieces. You need a very sharp knife or you can freeze them a bit and then cut it.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 01:55:33 pm »
I've eaten raw (100% grassfed) ox lungs, early on in the diet. Didn't work, really. The taste is so very bland, and one has to cut it up into tiny chunks before chewing, like the above stated. Also, in this case "like cures like" does not seem to apply as my own lungs did not seem to benefit from regular consumption of raw lungs.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 12:35:34 am »
Sorry. Never ate lungs.

After eating quite a bit of raw kidney yesterday I noticed my vision was better. So much for like curing like but at least it cures something.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 06:23:12 am »
I've had low quality lungs from rabbit and goat. They're not something I would consider tasty, but are edible. You're left feeling like you just had your vegetables. You do it for whatever special nutrition they might contain, but it's not enjoyable.

I suspect higher quality sources might taste better.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk