Author Topic: More evidence that palaeo peoples were more culturally-oriented than thought  (Read 2113 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4753746/Scientists-believe-stone-bracelet-70-000-years-old.html

This time, the Denisovans are now thought to have produced intricate jewellery, way before the advent of modern humans. I always thought that it was the height of hubris that humans thought that they were superior to all so-called "apemen", and that the latter were not only our ancestors in various ways but were more advanced than previously claimed (by the rather racist Out of Africa theory).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
My understanding so far is that human civilization ups and busts have been going on for many cycles.  And I don't know for how many.

Our current run up is just one cycle yet again.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I think that Edwin's theory is probably accurate. Our 'development' seems to go in cycles, and today's 'advanced' society is the most recent iteration of an advanced human society on earth, but not the first.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
I've always believed society was more advanced before. It probably goes in cycles just like the seasons. The reason we have no proof is that even stone doesn't last forever but it lasts longer than anything else. Paper lasts way less but modern technology is written out of thin air onto magnetic discs. What chance is there digging up any of that? For all we know there may have even been modern technology some time after the pyramids were built that has been wiped out without a trace. Unlikely but possible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk