Author Topic: Cured and preserved raw meats... Thoughts?  (Read 2539 times)

Offline Robinlove

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Cured and preserved raw meats... Thoughts?
« on: September 09, 2017, 09:26:36 am »
I mostly see people eat fresh raw meats or high meats here on this whole community, not just zero carb.

I am wondering why I don't see more chacuterie meats? They are always raw, and if homemade, not full of nitrates and such.

Additionally, why not fermented meats, like a fish sauce? Or an air dried, fermented sausage?

I am going to start experimenting with making these types of foods. They are delicious, raw, only have spices from the plant species, have beneficial bacteria and molds.

It makes sense to me. The whole " parasites are just a scare" doesn't make much sense to me, considering that humans have created curing/smoking/cooking over hundreds of thousands of years, to combat them and preserve meats. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

I know I dont want to eat cooked foods, and I love cured meats, and cold smoked meats. Salami with a good aged cheese and raw honey... Oh my!! Minus the honey and you have an incredible carnivorous meal.

I just see, when people aren't raw, like eggs and steaks. Whhyyyyyy!!?? What am I missing (other Than yummy salami haahhhaahhahahaa)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Cured and preserved raw meats... Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 11:02:10 am »

Ive experimented with home made sausage, and for me cured meats are best used as side dish to flavor up a main course of fresh flesh. I also have enjoyed raw kufta from time to time and have experimented with some of the most decadent quasi paleo combos, many of which were quite tasty, though I feel like one can overdo it to the point where it interferes with ones optimal instinctive balance.

One of my favorite indulgences was raw lamb kufta rapped in a seasoned bacon, with lamb fat, coconut butter, and a small sliver of raw cheese stacked on it like an horderve.

If I eat too much cured meat, even if its totally raw, seems to cause an instinctive aversion. Perhaps its a combination of too much salt and a lack of life force which totally fresh meat possess, which prevents cured meat from being an ideal staple...though many traditional cultures have used it heavily without much trouble.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Robinlove

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Cured and preserved raw meats... Thoughts?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 12:59:48 am »
That makes a lot.of sense since it is essentially dehydrated if it's cured. I was thinking that the probiotic aspects would be beneficial, so perhaps I should think of it as such, and not as a main food source.

I'm also really looking forward to making fish sauce!! Yeeesssss!!!

Thanks so much for your input!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk