Author Topic: Moldy meat  (Read 2247 times)

Offline XXX

• Forager
    • View Profile
Moldy meat
« on: September 02, 2017, 06:18:52 pm »
Hi there everyone! So I'm kind of new to eating raw meat. I had some grasfed beef entrecôte in the fridge for 10 days. Today i checked it and it wasn`t just rotten it was moldy. These cotton like white things on it.. Im guessing this is not normal and not safe to eat. So i wonder why it didn't just rot the way it was supposed to? What did i do wrong? It was just sitting in the fridge in the package that i bought it. I did cover it but it wasn't 100% airtight

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Moldy meat
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 07:38:28 pm »
If i get meat vacuum packed in plastic, I also take it out ASAP to hang it on a hook in the fridge. Sometimes I eat some of it more or less fresh, specially the fat and liver, but I generally prefer the muscle aged and even more so in a state as in first photos in the post I linked above. 
See the photos here:
http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/general-discussion/hanging-meat-in-your-fridge/msg118738/#msg118738
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline XXX

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Moldy meat
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 02:44:55 am »
Alright, thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk