Author Topic: Greetings from Upstate NY!  (Read 2323 times)

Offline havoxxlol

• Forager
    • View Profile
Greetings from Upstate NY!
« on: October 05, 2017, 10:59:34 pm »
Hello Everyone!

From 2013 to early this year I was on a plant based diet (1 year as a vegetarian, 3 years as a vegan). I convinced my wife to go on it with me, and as time went on we found our health becoming worse and worse. Early this year we broke away and started adding meat/eggs/dairy back into our diet. Started feeling better immediately, began craving it. Stumbled upon the work of Weston A Price, started adding organ meats/cod liver oil into our diet. Recently discovered the works of Aajonus Vonderplanitz. Started eating raw liver/eggs/milk, love it, feel great after I eat it.

Still new to this way of eating. Some things I am still struggling with. Like tongue for example, how does one eat tongue raw? My wife and I are looking to get pregnant soon, trying to repair the damage of the plant based/processed food diets we were on in the past. Anyway, I am extremely excited to be a part of this community and look forward to learning all I can here.

Thank you  :D

Adam

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Greetings from Upstate NY!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 05:10:31 am »
Re beef tongue:- Cut off the stringier parts and the tip of the tongue and throw them away for now. The pinkish-reddish slab-like meat in the beef tongue is much easier to cut through, making much smaller pieces, and easier to chew for a newbie. As time goes by, you will eventually find that you will also enjoy the taste and texture of the stringy parts and the tip, and can include them as well. I have never ever had a problem with tongues from other animals.

Not sure what your overall health-situation is, but I should mention that when I first went RPD, I had very loosened teeth which moved so alarmingly when I tried to chew the raw tongue squares I had cut off with a meat-knife, that I was forced to leave out the raw tongue pieces for a few days until they softened enough for me to lightly chew once and then bolt them quickly down. Bolting raw meat down is what wildlife carnivores do, chewing is more something herbivores have to do to predigest/preprocess plant foods like grass .

Here's a link, among others in that section, which might be useful:-
http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/sticky-advice-for-newbies-wishing-to-slowly-ease-into-a-raw-animal-food-diet/

Re fertility:- If it turns out that you are not allergic to raw dairy, then I should mention that a number of RVAFers who experienced infertility in the past have reported success after consuming it for a few months. Others recommend cod liver oil, but, imo, Rosita raw cod liver oil is the only authentic, only genuinely raw/unfermented one worth buying. I also very strongly recommend consuming raw oysters to boost fertility. I can personally testify that it is not just a myth that raw oysters are potent aphrodisiacs etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk