Author Topic: Planning on Joining the Navy (Need help)  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Steven_Aloe

• Forager
    • View Profile
Planning on Joining the Navy (Need help)
« on: October 04, 2017, 03:59:26 am »
Well I in short, I will be finishing my pre-courses for my degree by the end of next year. I plan on joining the Navy (U.S) and as many of you who know about the military. Their food regime is quite strict. I am not worried about the vaccination portion because I know that you can ask not to be vaccinated before enlistment (within reason) so I am good there. But I know if I dare ask the cooks for raw meat, I would be given the crazy eyes and probably kicked out. Not sure if anyone here has been in the military as a primal eater but I could use a few tips before I go. Also, I know Aajonus spoke about detoxification of unhealthy food, so If I can get my hands on some raspberries then I might be fine, just not sure how the month lethargy will turn out. Anyways, any help would be great.

Thanks,

Aloe.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Planning on Joining the Navy (Need help)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 06:05:22 am »
That's tough. It all depends on your circumstances. If in jail, for example, I might try to catch some pet rats via traps in my cell and elsewhere and try to breed them on as healthy a food as possible, and eat them raw.The US Navy, by comparison, is very much in favour of processed foods. Doing a tour on a ship would prevent any attempt to eat raw. And having to avoid the ghastly Navy canteen means you lose one of the big free perks that the military gives its conscripts. Having experienced the godawful Army canteen for 8 months way back when, was one of my worst experiences in life, only dwarfed by the truly disgusting(and endlessly re-cooked foods) fare provided by private schools in the UK(called "public schools" in the US, last I checked). Obviously, if cash is not your concern, and you live on a base, you might either ask the canteen staff to only very lightly sear your meats for 10 seconds on each side(called in the US "cold on a cold plate", I think(?)),  and claim that since you are on a cooked-palaeolithic diet, that any overcooking is considered to be very unhealthy on such a diet. The pro-vegetarian/pro-vegan lobby usually forces the armed forces to offer alternative dishes catering to that community, so they might cater to cooked-palaeo as well, if only to a lesser extent.

Also google for answers(eg:-

https://www.reddit.com/r/navy/comments/3t63os/vegan_in_navy/

)

Basically, when on shore, you can always buy RPD  food from outside the base rather than eating from the canteen. Of course, if the canteen is free, you miss out on a big perk....

When on ship, my suggestion would be to suck up to your superior officer onboard and explain your need for optimum nutrition and point out that none of the raw food you will be bringing with you will spoil or turn rancid. Making lots and lots of pemmican from grassfed cattle etc.(pemmican= rendered  animal fat(yuck!) plus raw, dried beef jerky) might be an idea.Oh, this webpage:-
http://tacticalintelligence.net/blog/how-to-make-pemmican.htm

suggests that  one can replace the rendered animal fat in pemmican with raw honey. Raw honeycomb also lasts forever. Raw sundried bee pollen can be bought in large jars and will also last forever, if not wettened.You should be able to get hold of the  raw, more solid vegetables(carrots etc.) sometimes(?) from the ship canteen. Then again, I recall articles in recent years about how the US Navy was looking for methods to preserve foods for such long periods so that people could eat McDonald's burgers 3 years later and it would still seem, er "fresh".

Sadly, there is no religion that forces its worshippers to eat raw meat.Then one could force the US Navy to cater to such an oppressed minority, and you could eat an RPD diet on ship in the canteen  without issues.Oh, wait a minute, a google search shows that the cult of Dionysus might have been raw-meat-eaters:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omophagia

Dionysus/Bacchus was, incidentally, the god of revelry/wild parties/wine/sexual orgies etc.A most suitable deity for RPDers to worship!

If, for any reason, my above ideas do not work, I would strongly advise you to eat some of the highly concentrated curcumin-extract supplements, such as advocated by Dr Mercola among many others. These supplements help fight inflammation - inflammation is THE main precursor to a myriad number of health-problems, so reducing the inflammation  caused by the heat-created toxins derived from cooking foods, would at least be a start, and  going in for intermittent fasting would allow some breathing-space for your body to detox some of the poisons ingested  by eating cooked foods from the canteen.Also, the only genuinely raw, high quality cod liver oil is produced by Rosita in Norway, and would be another option. I can get the stuff from amazon.de, and there are multiple resellers - the catch is that one needs to store it in the fridge long-term.Would the US Navy allow one to install a personal small fridge/freezer in one's cabin?

Other than choosing a US Navy job that involves 100% of your time being spent on shore(surely not that difficult?) , you could also consider something else other than a government job.Being self-employed is, of course, the best option of all.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:13:06 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 06:06:50 am »
I have been plying some cooked-foodist fanatics suffering from health-problems with the curcumin-extract  tablets and the raw cod liver oil, and, imo, it seems to be having an effect, however moderate...
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 06:10:22 am »
*Forgot the obvious*. Bring onboard  as many raw organic, unheated nuts as possible. However, soak them in water for 24 hours before consumption  so as to get rid of most of the antinutrients in them.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk