Raw Paleo Diet Forums > Health

Disturbing Urine

(1/3) > >>

Qondrar_The_Redeemer:
Well, I didn't really want this to be my first post here, but oh well...

Let me explain my problem. I have, since about six months ago, been getting very 'interesting' urine whenever I eat a very high fat meal. I can eat as much protein as I want with no problems, but as soon as I more than 100-150 grams of fat a day, eventually I get this. My urine starts out normal, then at the very end it starts getting darker and cloudier, until it's very dark orange and not clear at all. If I eat high fat for a few days it's almost red (or maybe it is red). It's just a small amount at the very end. It seems to contain tiny sand like particles. Sometimes it causes a burning sensation when it contains some bigger particles. The particles, no matter how dark the urine, are always the same color. Just a plain orange one. I am confused as to why I only get this when I eat very high fat, and not protein.

For context, I was eating a cooked ketogenic diet for a year first, then a cooked zero carb for 6 months and now raw zero carb for another 4 months. I got this problem two-three months into cooked zero carb.

I have kind of gotten used to this by now, and it's only happened when I eat super high fat (more than 200 grams, and I've only recently been eating higher amounts of fat again), but I am still concerned. It should be noted that I used to eat 500 grams of fat or more on keto and on cooked zero carb in the beginning, so I didn't have this problem back when I began. Obviously I eat 100% raw now, but the problem is still there.

I've tried searching for these symptoms only when eating high fat, but haven't found anything. Any advice would be very helpful.

TylerDurden:
Minor thought:- the Inuit have much larger livers than most, presumably in order to digest all the excess protein in their traditional mostly raw ketogenic diet. Perhqps going towards low-carb might be a solution.

Qondrar_The_Redeemer:
The problem is, I have, as an experiment, tried to eat ridiculous amounts of protein without fat to see what was causing this. Even when I eat all the lean meat I could stomach, I had no problem. And then when I tried the opposite, eating all fat, no protein, my urine starts getting like this. As a result I tried a month of high protein, low fat... and had no urine problems. I can't imagine that somehow the protein is causing me problems. Also, I have problems with even minor amounts of carbohydrates, which is why I went zero carb. Haven't had any problems other than my problem with fat causing orange sand like particles in urine.

van:
don't know what kind of fat your eating, hopefully it's back fat or bone marrow from grass fed animals.   Try this to see how much fat Your body wants at any particular meal.  Simply before eating your meat, slice each piece of fat and chew it slowly.  Then another, until you no longer crave or enjoy the taste of it, or have the desire to put another piece in your mouth.  Then start eating your meat, again, very slowly, but be careful in that beef has a much subtler stop than fat,, in other words you can easily over eat meat.    It's so easy to over eat both fat and meat/protein.  Excess is excess, and the body has to find a way to get rid of it.
    blending fat into meat is a sure way of following a formula at the expense of what your body may need.

Qondrar_The_Redeemer:
I am eating grass fed lamb muscle and organ fat, bone marrow and grass fed beef bone marrow. I'm sure I get some more fat from egg yolks and lamb muscle/organs, as my lamb is very fatty.

I'm already doing that. I eat my lean (well, kind of lean) lamb muscles and organs separately from my pure fat (lamb muscle and organ fat, lamb bone marrow, beef bone marrow). When I eat pure fat I eat anywhere from 250-500 grams of fat at once before I am satisfied. I could eat that much again if eat later in the day as well. I don't get any negative symptoms from too much other than this urine. At least I assume this isn't good. The urine looks like a foamy bright orange energy drink at the end, but only at the very end. Before that it's normal urine. You also can't actually see through the bright orange urine at the end, it's not transparent.

I can eat as much protein as I want without getting urine problems but... I don't really want to limit my fat and then have to eat massive amounts of protein. Plus, I feel satisfied at around 100-120 grams of protein. Maybe a bit more if I'm really physically active that day.

Whenever I eat more than 100-150 grams of fat, I slowly get this type of urine. But 150 grams is nowhere near enough for me to be satisfied from. I'm guessing I could be eating excess fat, and instead of getting diarrhea like most, I get this? But it just doesn't feel right. I feel like I should be eating more fat, and this urine isn't giving me any pain. I'm just confused.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version