Author Topic: Vitamin A  (Read 5449 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Vitamin A
« on: June 13, 2016, 02:56:21 am »
Pretty neat. An entire book on retinol/Vitamin A.

"
The Retinoids: Biology, Biochemistry, and Disease 1st Edition
by Pascal Dollé (Author), Karen Niederreither (Author)
"

Also available on Google Books.

I recently started experimenting with Vitamin A in 'larger than normal' amounts.

I noticed in Europe they tend to ingest quite a bit of Vitamin A, while simultaneously having somewhere lower Vitamin D levels, improving their Vitamin A:D ratio. They also tend to be healthier than much of the rest of the world, so I thought I'd experiment with more Vitamin A.

Of course still pastured foods, but I added liver.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Vitamin A
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 03:42:43 am »
I don't do well with vitamin A supplementation, but I do well with vitamin D. Your results may vary.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 04:17:23 am »
I'm a sceptic as regards vitamin-/mineral-supplementation. They never worked for me at all. I would recommend your looking at this website to avoid any possible issues in the future:-

http://www.healthline.com/health/hypervitaminosis-a#Sources3
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 07:18:21 am »
Pretty neat. An entire book on retinol/Vitamin A.

"
The Retinoids: Biology, Biochemistry, and Disease 1st Edition
by Pascal Dollé (Author), Karen Niederreither (Author)
"

Also available on Google Books.

I recently started experimenting with Vitamin A in 'larger than normal' amounts.

I noticed in Europe they tend to ingest quite a bit of Vitamin A, while simultaneously having somewhere lower Vitamin D levels, improving their Vitamin A:D ratio. They also tend to be healthier than much of the rest of the world, so I thought I'd experiment with more Vitamin A.

Of course still pastured foods, but I added liver.

Where are you getting your vitamin A and D?

Which foods?  How much sun?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 10:16:43 pm »
I don't do well with vitamin A supplementation, but I do well with vitamin D. Your results may vary.

I personally don't do well with Vitamin A supplementation either. FCLO is ok. But I've noticed best results from ingesting pastured liver. It's absolutely amazing. I've been striving to eat 2 or 3 servings of 8 ounces each week.

I also take Vitamin D and get sun somewhat frequently. I take about 5,000-10,000 IU of Vitamin D from supplements, and occaisonally get sun (maybe 2-3 times a week, not much, but accordingly to Dr. Hollick's recommendations for sensible sun exposure).

I'm a sceptic as regards vitamin-/mineral-supplementation. They never worked for me at all. I would recommend your looking at this website to avoid any possible issues in the future:-

http://www.healthline.com/health/hypervitaminosis-a#Sources3

Of course. I agree, food is always the best source of nutrients.

Where are you getting your vitamin A and D?

Which foods?  How much sun?

I prefer my Vitamin A from liver (of course grass fed). I've been getting beef liver, and I've been eating about 2-3 servings a week of 6-8 ounces. I also take FCLO, maybe a teaspoon a day, some days I skip. Not exact amounts. More just on a 'how I feel' basis.'

I take a Vitamin D3 supplement, 5,000-10,000 IU daily, and I get maybe 5-10 minutes of full body sun exposure 3x a week around noon.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:06:54 am by LePatron7 »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk