Author Topic: Living on a remote area (wild forest)  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Healthiswealth

• Forager
    • View Profile
Living on a remote area (wild forest)
« on: December 21, 2017, 01:41:03 am »
I am very interested in going camping on a remote area where I can natural learn the primitive way of living. I've been on a raw meat regimen for about 1 year and a couple of months. I believe this would be a great experience. I would like to know if anybody here following a raw primal diet interested in this type of lifestyle. Please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Living on a remote area (wild forest)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 01:46:37 am »
I am interested in that lifestyle. I've been slowly learning relevant skills:
- creating a shelter
- hunting
- flint knapping
But ATM I don't think I am ready to live in the wild without a lot of gear.

Offline Healthiswealth

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 01:58:00 am »
Ok nice. Ive been doing the same. Im in ny. Where are you located?

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 09:42:01 am »
CA

Offline Healthiswealth

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 10:53:05 am »
Ok cool. Yea, I've been giving this a lot of thought. I can't do city life anymore. It pisses me off how the government has total control over us. I'm just really concerned about finding wild game and actually catching them.

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2017, 11:12:00 pm »
How would you plan to do it? Buy, rent, friends place, or just move to a hidden place where no-one can see you?

In Sweden/Scandinavia, they have this law called "Allemansrätten", meaning you can camp in many places for 3 days, then you go to another place (you have to be a certain amount of meters from nearest house etc), and restrictions in some national parcs concerning fire etc, but still a real nice rule that I take for granted, so when I am in other countries, free-camping is not allowed.
But you have loads of space in US.
I have big respect for moose, they can be grumpy and aggressive, especially near city, where they are stressed and their habitat is shrinking, I had a scary encounter in the middle of the night with an angry moose outside Stockholm, something I really would like to avoid.
We don't really have many bears here in europe, but how do you deal with them in the US/Canada, and how to secure the food? Or maybe it's not really a problem, or...? Bears hate surprises, so when walking in remote nepali mountains the locals sing and shout.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 01:44:10 am »
Grizzly bears can smell your food. Luckily they don't really like to live where it's wet during the winter time, I guess they don't want to get muddy? Generally black bears are skittish and can be scared away easily.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk