Author Topic: digestion adaptation question  (Read 8456 times)

Offline funkymonk

• Forager
    • View Profile
    • Les tam-tams du Saint-Maurice
digestion adaptation question
« on: January 13, 2010, 09:54:22 am »
Hi everyone, I've been peeking here and there in this forum for the last 6 months gathering info from advanced users and want to thanks them all for that! What a great open minded community.

I have been doing cooked paleo for the last 2 years with great health results. Then I kept feeling a little tired after eating a cooked meal and was already coming to this forum at that time. I decided to give it a shot and eat raw beef and suet. With some fall back on the 100% raw diet, I got used to it and did ok with the taste. Now that I have gone 100% raw, I feel cold pretty much all the time. While when I was cooking food I was Always hot. Is this detox? Have anyone else experienced that?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: digestion adaptation question
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:10:39 am »
Are you eating enough fat?

What is your typical daily meal composed of?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

William

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 12:18:01 pm »
I can feel hot when I eat too much.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 07:50:34 pm »
When people are on a rawpalaeo diet for  a long period of time, they commonly  develop increased resistance to the cold. If you're just starting this diet, it's possible that you have a very weakened thyroid gland, causing increased intolerance to cold(and sometimes heat) -perhaps  dr ron's freeze-dried thyroid might be of help.

. Eating a diet very high in raw meat should warm you up(indeed, in the heat of summer, I often reduce my meat-intake and up my plant-food-intake).

What I used to do, in the early stages of this diet, when my circulation etc. wasn't at its best yet, was to drink hot water at ski-restaurants during heavy snowfall - they always offer such cups for tea and I'd just discard the tea-bag and drink the hot water on its own. Hot water has no heat-created toxins, AFAIK, so is fine.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline funkymonk

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 09:17:37 pm »
Great, thank you all for your response.

Are you eating enough fat? What is your typical daily meal composed of?
I can't tell by weight or by calories but, by volume, I eat almost half my meal(grass fed beef) as fat (suet and marrow).

I can feel hot when I eat too much.
Hi ya William from Canada. Where are you from? I'm from a little town in Quebec.

I eat as much as I feel I need to be full. Would you suggest I eat more? Right now I eat 400gr of beef a day in 2 meals. I weight 130lb and I am not that active.

it's possible that you have a very weakened thyroid gland, causing increased intolerance to cold(and sometimes heat)
Would the thyroid weakness explain that when I was eating cooked, I was always hot? Here winter can be cold and I used to be the only one hot while others kept complaining about the cold. Regarding these weak gland issues Tyler I wanted to ask you if, they should heal just by nutrients found in the meat or, I would need to supplement with raw gland?

Eating a diet very high in raw meat should warm you up(indeed, in the heat of summer, I often reduce my meat-intake and up my plant-food-intake).
I will probably feel the same as you regarding the summer time. But my coldness was related to this time of year, and like you said, I am only starting so I'll just wait a little more and see.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 09:26:01 pm »
Well, when I was eating cooked I was always hot(summers were a living hell), and thyroid issues are commonly linked  either to heat- and/or cold-intolerance. I would suggest dr ron's freeze-dried thyroid and adrenal(they're supposed to be taken together for maximum effect). of course, if you're lucky enough to get hold of genuine raw glands from farms, that's even better and liekly cheaper. Just eating very healthy raw foods in general will help, but I suspect that healing will take longer as a result. At least, my own experience with organ-meats consumption appeared to indicate that my health-improvement speeded up when I included them in my diet, and I'm convinced that like cures like(eg:- a bad heart is improved by consumption of raw grassfed ox hearts etc.)

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

carnivore

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 09:28:32 pm »
Well, when I was eating cooked I was always hot(summers were a living hell), and thyroid issues are commonly linked  either to heat- and/or cold-intolerance. I would suggest dr ron's freeze-dried thyroid and adrenal(they're supposed to be taken together for maximum effect). of course, if you're lucky enough to get hold of genuine raw glands from farms, that's even better and liekly cheaper. Just eating very healthy raw foods in general will help, but I suspect that healing will take longer as a result. At least, my own experience with organ-meats consumption appeared to indicate that my health-improvement speeded up when I included them in my diet, and I'm convinced that like cures like(eg:- a bad heart is improved by consumption of raw grassfed ox hearts etc.)

What amount of organ-meat do you eat every day ?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 09:38:53 pm »
What amount of organ-meat do you eat every day ?
  I used to eat raw organ-meat every day(usually marrow, but, of course, heart, liver(occasionally), kidney and tongue featured too, here and there. Now, I can go for days just eating raw oysters or raw fatty leg of mutton and the like and just eat raw organ-meats around the weekends. Nowadays, I'll usually have 1 or 2 beef tongues every fortnight(2 weeks), a little raw liver/raw kidney/raw lambs hearts every week or two, and I'll usually have c. 4 bones of raw marrow every fortnight.

I was extremely focused on raw organ-meats when I was still healing because they appeared to speed up my health-recovery, but now that I'm fine, I'm not as bothered about the need as I used to be.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 10:26:56 pm »

Hi ya William from Canada. Where are you from? I'm from a little town in Quebec.

I eat as much as I feel I need to be full. Would you suggest I eat more? Right now I eat 400gr of beef a day in 2 meals. I weight 130lb and I am not that active.

I live in the bush, near a very small place in Quebec (wide place in the road).

On raw zero carb, I eat until I'm satisfied - I think that this is the best policy. It takes time for a body to change so that fat is used efficiently, so not to worry.
The time required varies according to age, state of health and unknown things so it looks like anywhere from 3 weeks to 18 months. It was <7 months for me.

Offline funkymonk

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 06:10:22 am »
Thanks all for theses answer. I recently noticed that, and this is kinda weird, my middle fingers get very cold and numb. Same issue right? Tyroid, adaptation, detox?

thanks ahead for any suggestion.

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 07:32:29 am »
You have blood circulation issues, the quickest solution to circulation is to add an irritant like chilli powder, & very light exercise for 1 to 5 seconds, ie running on the spot, or touching toes, or use a very light weight, ie very light dumb bells, using basic bodyweight HIIT exercise, for 1-3 seonds, 3 times a day before you eat, will rapidly aerate your body & cure any blood circulation

Also add a toxin detoxant like clay or mud, or even better charcoal, to get rid of any inert toxins causing the circulation

I use very very light exercise for 3 seconds, for all my clients, before all meals, i find it accellerates the raw paleo diet, making it even more effective at healing, by about 2-3 times, I call it Homeopathic Exercise lol  ;)

For extreme cases of blood circulation, ie low or high blood pressure, i use ashwaganda, with organic, unradiated (unradiated VERY important) chilli powder, turmeric & curcumin as a coating for the raw meat.

Also try increasing your intake of liver & kidneys & add some adrenal glands ...

Offline funkymonk

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 06:09:08 am »
oh Thanks roony! :D

The charcoal you talk about, is it activated charcoal?
Do you take it with meal?

About the adrenal, I've never eaten any. What type would be the recommended adrenal?
And does it really matter if I can only get them frozen? still good?

Thanks for your help!

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 12:34:37 am »
oh Thanks roony! :D

The charcoal you talk about, is it activated charcoal?
Do you take it with meal?

About the adrenal, I've never eaten any. What type would be the recommended adrenal?
And does it really matter if I can only get them frozen? still good?

Thanks for your help!

Frozen is still good, yes its activated charcoal, any meal is good

Also try adding seafood

Add the seafood & organs to your diet, they alone should cause your circulation issues to normalise

Most circulation issues, are realy deficiencies, nothing cures deficiencies & allergies as good as seafood & organs, apart from kefir

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2018, 01:12:56 am »
Frozen is still good, yes its activated charcoal, any meal is good

Also try adding seafood

Add the seafood & organs to your diet, they alone should cause your circulation issues to normalise

Most circulation issues, are realy deficiencies, nothing cures deficiencies & allergies as good as seafood & organs, apart from kefir

what sea food do your recommend to correct deficiencies?

what do u think about salt?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk