Author Topic: Hello From Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 need some help transitioning  (Read 3154 times)

Offline HazaDean

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hi my name is Harry am 18 and from Scotland I need a bit of help. I’m a cyclist and was vegan for a while following durainriders kind of diet, I was performing decent and had Improved but I was eating all the time and my bum al say no more it was in overdrive. After seeing vids and vids on the topic of going back to the roots, using fat as the fuel instead of sugar or carbs. I’m having a bit of trouble starting the paleo kind of diet. When I go a walk sometimes I get a pain in my abdomen I don’t know what it is, it’s a sharp pain and only goes away if I stop walking. When I started cycling I went from eating shit to vegan so it helped me out but when I wanted to go a run I would find my abdominal region very sore getting the same sharp pain I don’t know if it was my liver of what. I just need Help on where to start and what to try and eat for a cyclist and athlete. Thanks If u can help me out. Peace and love to all

Offline Apani

• Trapper
    • View Profile
is it the pain to the left of your belly button?

Offline HazaDean

• Forager
    • View Profile
Yes that’s the part I get the pain is it my liver due to sugar intake or something else am a bit stuck. Not tried raw meat yet so hope it helps

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Here is some info:-

https://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/

Not at all sure what to specifically recommend to a biker. When I read about bikers' habits, they always talk about eating "light" meals involving muesli and the like....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Apani

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Yes that’s the part I get the pain is it my liver due to sugar intake or something else am a bit stuck. Not tried raw meat yet so hope it helps

The liver is further up. At belly button level, it likely is your intestines.

I got this "blade in the intestines" pain twice by introducing a cheat food after months of being clean. First time, it was a onigiri with a spicy sauce (containing soy and sugar and other additives). I felt alarmed as soon as the sauce hit my palate, and about half an hour later I started developing this pain. I was also having a long walk in that moment. This led me to believe I had an allergy to soy, but I had the same spicy onigiri again some weeks later and had no reaction.

The second time, I ate a nacho, and again I started to feel something off and then the pain came. This time however I had been sitting all the time, if you exclude walking from buildings to the car and viceversa.

Those food had probably upset my gut flora, having lost familiarity with them. Vegans who try to go back to eating meat too fast suffer the same problem: the bacteria who were meant to digest meat have mostly died off, so if you have a large steak it'll cause intestinal upset until your gut flora readjusts.

I was eating all the time and my bum al say no more it was in overdrive.

I know what you mean. Eating all the time leads me to look like a pregnat woman, and pretty late into the pregnancy at that.

Trying to stick to an intermittent fasting schedule after days of eating all the time, really makes me "hungry". Hungry in the sense "God, I feel so miserable right now, I really wish I could just put something sweet in my mouth right now".

So, yeah, weaning off all those carbs, even natural and unprocessed ones like honey and fruit, is gonna be a hard process.

I just need Help on where to start and what to try and eat for a cyclist and athlete.

Your first issue is sourcing. Find a farmer or a butcher who will sell you grass-fed/pastured meat (grass-fed is used for ruminants, pastured for omnivores such as chickens).

Does your town have a farmers market? In my town there's one every saturday, and there are a few farmers even on the thursday market. The fruit and meat you can buy from them is likely going to be better than anything you can buy at a supermarket.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk