Author Topic: How to avoid cheating  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Apani

• Trapper
    • View Profile
How to avoid cheating
« on: February 19, 2018, 05:57:06 pm »
I eat raw paleo for the week but always end up cheating on junk in the weekdays. This results in me being extremely bloated (I have basically zero abs muscles to keep my stomach in place, so bad food makes me look like I'm about to give birth, that's no hyperbole).

My plan is to limit my only cheat to the sushi place we visit on monday, hoping to eventually transition to 100% junk free. We'll see how it goes.

The problem is, I always have junk laying around my house because I live with my family, so what are good ways to resist or avoid temptation?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: How to avoid cheating
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 06:52:34 pm »
One of the things that Leil Lowndes tells us in her books is that professional athletes/boxers/wrestlers/ etc. all dream that they are winning before a particular contest. They visualise beforehand that they will win. The point being that if they believe they will win, they are far more likely to succeed than if they were neutral or pessimistic about winning. In your case, given my own past experiences, I would suggest dreaming/daydreaming about the negative consequences of eating cooked foods, such as the detox symptoms etc. Imagine your ill-health if you eat such foods, your better health if you avoid them etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Igla

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 04:17:49 pm »
Negative experiences. Never satisfied, bland tasting, taste like feces, detox and allergy symptoms afterwards...etc

Offline Apani

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 10:49:09 pm »
The only visible symptom of eating junk is having a bloated stomach. I won't die or anything, even tho I guess it will still lead me to having problems in life later on...

That said, today after I got my bloodwork done, I had planned to go to a bar and have a hot chocolate and some pastries, but, funnily enough, having my blood extracted made me temporarily lose all attraction to sugar, so I just went straight to the market and bought some pastured pork (liver, shoulder, ribs) to eat instead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk