Author Topic: Jaw infection  (Read 4486 times)

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Jaw infection
« on: February 14, 2018, 05:34:19 pm »
Howdy, I had a really bad tooth for many many years, it was healed but unfortunately it's structure didn't have integrity and at a bar a hot burger and a glass of ice water fractured the tooth. It became infected. I have since had the tooth extracted but still have infection. I have treated it in several ways which help including high strength manuka honey but it hasn't quite gone away yet. Any advice how to nip it in the bud?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Jaw infection
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 11:22:53 pm »
Antibiotics is a sure and quickest way.  I would use them in a heartbeat if I was in this situation. Bacterial infections can take a very long time for body to fight.  The benefit of quickly getting rid of infection outweighs all the negatives of antibiotics.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 01:49:28 am »
I considered that except I felt that there is a good chance that they won't actually clear up the infection as that has been my experience in the past using antibiotics. Perhaps they clear them up in the short term 99% but as soon as I quit taking them it just comes roaring back.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 01:53:05 am »
Ironically that was also my experience with manuka honey. Maybe I should have kept taking it, but I ran out and at 40 dollars a jar I was hoping this neem oil would do the trick, maybe i'm not using it often enough.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 01:59:46 am »
Also the last time I took heavy duty antibiotics I developed a tumor which didn't go away for 9 years so I am very averse to taking them.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 04:39:24 am »
often when teeth are extracted the puller will leave behind the periosteum ( the ligament that holds the tooth ).  This creates a harbor for bacteria to fester, where your blood supply can't reach and extinguish.   You might investigate with who pulled it to find out, and then if not, inquire with someone more skilled who can go in again, and scape out the dead material, disinfect, and regain a fresh blood supply to heal and fill in the socket with tissue.   I would not play around with honey as it's doubtful you'll ever get enough anti-infection agent from the honey to the source.   I would also most definitely get an x-ray by someone who can see the extent of the infection.  Infection causes bone loss, something that you can't get back.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 05:22:26 am »
Even if I have no pain? The only symptoms I am experiencing are some bad breath and clicking in the jaw, but when I treat this is minimized.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 05:24:01 am »
Actually, I definitely had that extracted, because that is all that was left of the tooth lol

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 03:00:41 am »
Van's advice seems very sensible and may avoid further trouble in future.   Take care as teeth problems can lead to many other problems!

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2018, 12:48:14 am »
If you have anything remaining, an oral surgeon can easily extract what a dentist can not.

YS brand raw honey has been rated by many on Amazon to be as good as manuka honey and is only a fraction of the cost. I have used it for many years. I can't compare it to manuka because I've never been able to afford it but it does indeed have medicinal properties.

If your infection is internal you might look into taking monolaurin instead of antibiotics. Normally I take some at the first sign of a cold and it knocks it out. Unfortunately I was coming down with one on Monday and didn't think till Wednesday to take it. I guess it had been so long since I got a cold that I forgot about it. As soon as I thought of it I immediately downed 6 capsules and within an hour I could feel it knocking the shit out of whatever I had. I took 4 more that evening and totally forgot to take anymore. I feel fine this morning... two days later!

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 03:41:44 am »
essential oil of oregano, clove or thieves blend...hydrogen peroxide
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk