Author Topic: Las Vegas - about a month in  (Read 3563 times)

Offline MeatGood

• Forager
    • View Profile
Las Vegas - about a month in
« on: March 31, 2018, 03:35:37 pm »
Got into a RAF diet and started kicking out all the unnatural, non-organic products in my daily life.  It's been great so far.  I've tried keto with all the processed foods and sugar substitutes and I can attest that this is completely different.  A family member went vegan recently and I knew it was BS, but didn't expect to get pulled into this path.  Happened upon some talks by Noakes and Campbell-McBride.  Eventually, found my way to Aajonus, Sv3rige and Milkjar.  Honestly had never heard of WAP before, and only maybe exposed to RAF incompletely through the warped lens of the media.  The only thing I can remember is seeing high meat on that family swap reality show.  It was vilified, of course.  Heard of raw milk, but just thought it was a flavor thing.  I wish I had looked into it sooner.

Things I'm consuming raw: eggs, ground beef/lamb, lamb, pork loin, milk, kefir, honey, beef liver, butter, cheese, fish
Want to try: more raw meat types, fermented meats, wild game, lamb organs, eyes, fresh marrow, blood, hunting
Non-food things: not using shampoo/conditioner/toothpaste/sunscreen anymore
What are thoughts on kombucha?  Haven't really seen it mentioned much in the things I've read so far.
Is tallow considered raw?

Positive changes: posterior knee eczema almost gone, dandruff pretty much gone, skin hass less dryness/inflammation/peeling, face skin is best since before puberty, energy is even and great throughout the day, hunger is never an issue, didn't get the stomach flu that my housemates passed around, sunburns don't seem to be an issue like they were, more strength and endurance in workouts, improved mood, no gas/bloating/indigestion
Negative changes: spending more money, social limitations of a strict diet

Thinking a lot about these things lately: family/friends with health issues, my own past health issues, if living in the desert is suitable for this kind of diet/lifestyle, ranching, homesteading, farming, hunting/trapping, food industry, government, academia, history, modern medicine

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Las Vegas - about a month in
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 06:39:44 pm »
Tallow is not considered raw. Kombucha, being tea, is presumably also not rvaf either.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 08:46:44 pm »
Great progess. If the diet becomes to costly, start eating more offal and animal fat. Suet and liver are very cheap usually.

Offline MeatGood

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 12:33:20 pm »
Thanks will keep that in mind.  Got some suet now but have yet to open it up.
Began fermenting some beef liver.  Got them from primal pastures.  The liver was great fresh.  Got a decent amount of blood along with them.  One pack sat in the fridge as I was thinking about either freezing or fermenting.  Ended up putting it in another jar to ferment.  The blood from that one was turning and mildly carbonated.  It digested fine.  Will be interesting to compare how they ferment.
Also fermenting some bison liver and lamb kidney.
Did get some redness from sun exposure finally.  Came from walking around outside shirtless at noon for about an hour and 20 minutes.  It was red for a couple days and then went away.  No peeling like past sunburns.
Had a cold recently as well.  First 2 days were normal achey weak symptoms, but much better thereafter.  Phlegm was more viscous than before.  I'm wondering if that had to do with improved mucous/immune function.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk