Author Topic: Raw Cod Liver? Has anyone tried it?  (Read 4152 times)

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Raw Cod Liver? Has anyone tried it?
« on: March 11, 2018, 11:04:47 pm »

I wonder if any one has tried raw cod liver?

How does it taste?

Did you feel any health benefits after eating it?

Lately I found canned rod liver in the market, but I am not found of canned foods. But I tried it and it tasted good. That is why I am wondering if any one has tried raw cod liver?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Cod Liver? Has anyone tried it?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 03:19:59 am »
 canned food is high high heat processed,, bad for pufas.   Almost ate raw cod liver  in Norway, but the fisherman said it was riddled with nasties.. 

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 04:33:01 am »
canned food is high high heat processed,, bad for pufas.   Almost ate raw cod liver  in Norway, but the fisherman said it was riddled with nasties..

Isn't freezing Cod liver at -18 degree for 7 days kills all these nasty things?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 01:56:19 am »
well maybe, but as described to me, the liver was sick. not something I'd want to put in my mouth.

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 02:52:26 am »
Watch for any Anisakis and similar parasitic worms, as you would with normal Raw Cod flesh.    Having eaten plenty of Raw Cod and Raw Haddock over many years, I have had uncomfortable experience with Anisakis and learnt to avoid painful stomach cramps by thoroughly examining the raw flesh and using 'candling' to back this up.    Have enjoyed Cod with Anisakis in it - after removing each and every one.   Occasionally rely on freezing for a period but prefer it raw and unfrozen. 

Offline Raulik

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 07:29:19 pm »
I tried it from greenpasture..

It was miracle.. i swear after i drank some if it i fell into deep sleep and woke up all warm and feeling strong... had vivid dreams too..

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 11:47:29 pm »
Some pointers or pictures on how to identify the liver in whole fish and squid would be great. I often get them ungutted but I have no idea what's what, and most of it tastes horribly bitter, so I throw it all out and stick to the meat, skin and eyes. Sometimes the cartilage too, depending on the type of fish it is.

Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like the liver in fish looks at all like the liver in mammals or birds.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 12:04:24 am »
tbh, I always find the raw liver in fish to taste way too bitter. As a result, I only ever eat whole fish in the form of very small, fatty fish like sardines. Otherwise I just stick to the muscle-meat of most fish.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 12:12:19 am »
You don't like the eyes?
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 12:51:51 am »
You don't like the eyes?
If I don't notice them because they are too small, then no problem - too big and the eyes and head seem indigestible. Otherwise, there is the issue of scales which I cannot stand..
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 01:43:59 am »
The head of large fish is not easily chewable, so it makes sense that we wouldn't eat them. The eyes however, depending on the fish type and how fresh it is, can be a real treat. They're juicy, fatty and sometimes even sweet. I just poke 'em out with a fork, being careful not to puncture them too much, or plently of the fluid will leak - sometimes even squirt all over the place lol

I'm not sure what you meant about the scales. I used to eat scales cooked, but raw I hate them. There are no scales in the eyes, though.

Offline NuclearKnight

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 02:04:26 am »
I've eaten the liver of wild freshwater snook raw; very delicious. The guts though tasted much like the way shit smells; not so good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk