Author Topic: Chocolate is  (Read 4584 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Chocolate is
« on: April 22, 2009, 03:34:09 pm »
I ate some chocolate last night after not having eaten any for a long while. I was under stress and thought bugger it.

Went to bed after and woke up shortly after falling asleep feeling like my body wasn't connected to my head, it was not nice. I felt mildly paralysed. My body wasn't responding to my brains instructions.
I tried to stay awake because every time I started to fall asleep I got tremors in my neck and would start to have a mini fit.

My vagus nerve felt like it was having tremors and not connecting properly to my arms and legs. Freaky. I know chocolate is a toxin to dogs and maybe it is for humans. If this is messing with the signals going to an adults body, imagine what this stuff is doing to babies and children's growing central nervous system and brains.

I'm not touching chocolate again and 5 years ago I would eaten a whole block for lunch. I'm now fully adapted to meat and fat it seems that going outside my diet gives me serious problems.

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Satya

Re: Chocolate is
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 12:40:28 am »
How long has it been for you zero carb now?  I guess that'll teach you to have chocolate.  What about beer, without anything like wedding cake with it?  Do you think you could tolerate that?  Would you even want to?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 12:15:40 am »
I would like to tolerate foods for occasions. I can tolerate beer but my abs cramp about 20mins after and my legs cramp that night.   

“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 08:51:05 am »
If you want the benefits of cocoa, (there are a lot) get it as "baking cocoa" which is 100% cocoa. No sugar or fats or dairy added. I put it in raw smoothies.

http://www.tweakability.com/Flavonoids.html
Naturally, Don

Offline Matt51

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 10:31:43 pm »
I add the "baking cocoa" directly to coffee. Not paleo, but healthy and controls blood pressure better than medications. Tastes great too.

Offline jeraldybelleta

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 02:17:28 pm »
Chocolate is good..I love it..It makes me awake and lively especially if i'm studying.. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk