Author Topic: Indigenous People  (Read 3535 times)

Offline Heinz

• Forager
    • View Profile
Indigenous People
« on: March 19, 2018, 01:53:00 pm »
I am curious why you guys think that the Indigenous people that are used as examples of raw meat eaters are typically so unadvanced and unable to build lasting societies? Such as Africans or native americans.
Also the fact of how easily Europeans(Who are far as i know eat cooked meat) had such ease in conquering these people or built societies and empires that were far more advanced and lasted thousands of years.

I am not trolling just genuinely wondering what you all think about this.

Offline Heinz

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Indigenous People
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 02:03:21 pm »
I am also no expert on the history of who/when people started eating cooked meat so feel free to let me know if this is inaccurate

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 04:17:57 pm »
Well, this topic really belongs in the Science section. Until GS sorts out the issues on RPF, I cannot move this topic.

The above is a gross exaggeration. For example, the Mongols ate some raw meat, and the Huns(Europeans) who wiped out Rome etc. were famous for eating raw meat and considered barbarians by the Romans  for not eating cooked meats.

The sick truth of the neolithic is that it enabled groups of less intelligent people to overcome, through various simple group-oriented strategies, more intelligent  (often HG)people in Europe or elsewhere. Take modern times:- the police are well-known to be incompetent and quite stupid people, generally. However, through various group strategies, they are able to outwit the more intelligent criminals a lot of the time, even if the latter planned their crimes well.

Take Neanderthals, for example. They were far more harmonious with Nature than early modern humans and were far more intelligent, yet got wiped out. They had an average of 1600cc brain-size/volume, and, among primates, the EQ(encephalisation-quotient) is not applicable, with the size of the skull/brain being directly related to intelligence:-
https://www.quora.com/In-which-animals-is-the-encephalization-quotient-metric-of-intelligence-most-badly-flawed

The point being that Neanderthals might have been wiped out by disease or by superior group strategies by early modern humans(such as the latter  having larger numbers due to previously living in warmer, safer climes).

The point being that civilisations have certain advantages BUT they generally give up their health by going in for processed, non-palaeolithic foods, thus enabling other, more vital, more primitive societies to eventually take over once the former civilisation has too  many people with declining fertility/declining health, declining immune-systems(enabling plagues etc.). One only has to look at Ancient China, Ancient Persia, Ancient Rome etc. etc. for examples.Also, more advanced technology/civilisation allows people to better survive who would never have done so in a healthier more tribal age  such as the Palaeolithic era. One reason why evolution was upward in the Palaeolithic era was because child mortality was so high due to infanticide etc.(c.80%). That meant that, if a toddler was a bit slow in the head, he got drowned in the river  as resources were scarce etc. Nowadays, ever since the Palaeolithic ended, average human brain-size has declined (depending on the source) from 10-20%, with humans predicted to be having  the intelligence and average brain-size of Homo Erectus in another 20,000 years or less.

The point being, don't underestimate Hunter-gatherers.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Heinz

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 04:56:59 pm »
Yeah i agree that most advanced civilizations have completed degenerated. You are also right that disease and high mortality rates have always been present in our history. Although there are also a lot of factors that have to be counted for so its hard to give a definitive answer on whether it was the food or not.

Its just hard for me to see people in some shithole like Somalia or Ethiopia where they regularly eat raw meat and think "oh these guys have it all figured out". Like these people have never built a functioning society and probably never will, given it is kinda stupid to just blame the food though.

Thanks for the response brother 

Offline Heinz

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 05:06:30 pm »

The point being that civilisations have certain advantages BUT they generally give up their health by going in for processed, non-palaeolithic foods, thus enabling other, more vital, more primitive societies to eventually take over once the former civilisation has too  many people with declining fertility/declining health, declining immune-systems(enabling plagues etc.).

This makes a lot of sense too. You can honestly see it happening and Europe and America today. Our people definitely need to start eating healthier

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 05:50:34 pm »
Also, HG societies have systems which are far more natural than modern, non-palaeo social setups. For example, there is the tribal setup, which is the natural  group-orientation of humans, and better for their mental health etc. That is, a group of  c.250 people, as what happened in palaeo times. Modern setups such as countries or organisations like the EU or the UN, are highly artificial and can never truly be natural and useful for humans. HG tribes have far better levels of daily exercise compared to settled civilisations, with palaeo-era tribes  on average being cited as having had greater strength and stamina than modern Olympic athletes.

There were/are other advantages of being in a tribe. For example, there is/was  generally no emphasis on wealth, as the wealth is shared among the tribe, more or less. Our modern societies tend, wrongly,  to favour people with greater financial resources or social skills, as opposed to people with intelligence or competence. This inevitably leads to lower average IQ over generations. Just look at really intelligent famous scientists like Newton or Tesla. They invariably don't have children. 

Somalians do not eat raw meat per se. They also, like other Islamic areas, have large problems with inbreeding as a result of 1st-cousin marriages over millenia. Ethiopians, by contrast, are raw-meat-eaters in a big way as warriors on the open lands did not dare to light fires as that would attract their enemies. I like the notion of raw-meat-consumption being a survival tactic other than being  just for health-reasons.While other East Africans rightfully blame Somalians for a rise in crime-rates etc.,the Ethiopians, imo, are a decent quite remarkable people, by contrast.

Anyway, I guess I am stating that settled civilisation  has some advantages but many disadvantages, some of which may well lead eventually to the extinction of mankind in the end(climate change, pollution etc.)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline FRANCIS HOWARD BOND

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 01:45:58 am »
You can find a very few Ethiopian Restaurants around south east London, and possibly in other capital cities, offering traditional food.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 03:21:35 am »
You can find a very few Ethiopian Restaurants around south east London, and possibly in other capital cities, offering traditional food.
The catch is that they provide the raw meat with plenty of chilli etc., unless you ask for it to be reduced, and they also provide a lot of grains in the form of "injera". Plus, 1 ethiopian restaurant insisted on lightly cooking their  so-called "kitfo" dishes as they did not want to violate incredibly stupid UK health and safety laws.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 11:21:20 pm »
Climate change.... really... "global warming" has been debunked so many times it shouldn't even have time on tv or discussion much  period. But, then again how would politicians tax us if there was no carbon taxes? The world has been cooling not warming for the last decade.  In fact according to Varg Vikernes and some others I've been following we are already late for the next ice age which takes place in the vast majority of the earths cycle.

Its funny you mention infanticide because it is the exact opposite in our so called "civilized" society now where if you don't blindly accept everything your teacher, family and society/gov tells you then you pretty much get socially isolated in wider society and have a generally lower rate of biological success!

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 02:35:29 am »
Climate change.... really... "global warming" has been debunked so many times it shouldn't even have time on tv or discussion much  period. But, then again how would politicians tax us if there was no carbon taxes? The world has been cooling not warming for the last decade.  In fact according to Varg Vikernes and some others I've been following we are already late for the next ice age which takes place in the vast majority of the earths cycle.

Its funny you mention infanticide because it is the exact opposite in our so called "civilized" society now where if you don't blindly accept everything your teacher, family and society/gov tells you then you pretty much get socially isolated in wider society and have a generally lower rate of biological success!

QFT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk