Author Topic: 10 day old Vacuum packed refrigerated meat?  (Read 2744 times)

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
10 day old Vacuum packed refrigerated meat?
« on: April 18, 2018, 01:14:07 am »
I bought bulk vacuum packed meat refrigerated for 10 days, it smelled immediately after opening.
Is this safe to eat?

Will washing the meat off do it good? Any advice would be appreciated, I spent quite a bit on the meat.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: 10 day old Vacuum packed refrigerated meat?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 01:55:37 am »
I would always throw away vacuum-packed meat if stored in the fridge for more than 5 days at most. The taste is uniquely foul, unlike with raw meat aged with exposure to oxygen. Allegedly, some Eskimoes have died after exposure to botulinism after eating raw meat stored under rocks without exposure to oxygen.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 02:05:11 am »
Could I always just lightly cook it a bit to get rid of botulism? Its an entire leg of lamb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 02:15:43 am »
Could I always just lightly cook it a bit to get rid of botulism? Its an entire leg of lamb

No, even light cooking, especially of animal foods, creates various heat-created toxins plus wipes out the bacteria and the enzymes....Anyway, in order to cook it, you have to remove the plastic first, so bacteria would enter it anyway....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk