Author Topic: Best way to detox after cooked meal?  (Read 3885 times)

Offline Fenrir

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Best way to detox after cooked meal?
« on: March 24, 2018, 09:14:58 am »
Today i went to a cookout for a friend/coworkers birthday, all of my coworkers know about my eating habits and i could have just not eaten and it would have been understandable but in the moment under peer pressure i ate maybe 8-12 ounces of cooked beef, i wouldnt have felt so bad about it i know that one cooked meal is not the end of the world but after i ate it i found out it had been marinated in beer as well, and consuming grain derivatives on top of the cooked beef makes me more uncomfortable.
The only other thing i consumed was a substantial amount of homemade guacomole which i presume was raw and i assume mostly paleo friendly assuming i didnt accidently eat a piece of someones chip that had broken off in it.

My stomach just feels kind of heavy now and i know that i really shouldnt stress about this because thats probably more dangerous than the minor amount of gluten and other toxic compounds i consumed at least in this small comcentration. I just want to know what other people might do in this scenario? Should i fast the rest of the night to give me body a chance to deal with the toxins? i know that this one meal isnt going to set me back in health any noticable amount logically but i just wish i hadnt broken from my dietary ideals even momentarily.

What do you guys do when you attend a social event do you just bite the bullet and eat cooked food as long as its still within paleo guidelines or do you only eat what minimal raw paleo options that happen to be available?

Part of my problem is i was out of meat until this afternoon i received more fresh, so when i attended i hadnt eaten all day and my resolve was weakened if i had had meat i think i could have eaten a meal before going and i would not have been hungry and weakened to temptation.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to detox after cooked meal?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 01:50:02 pm »
Don't worry about detox.  that's a thought only.  Just let yourself get nice and hungry for your next meal, and eat well.   

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 02:20:35 pm »
Actually marinating meat in beer while cooking reduces the amount of heat-derived toxins created via cooking:-

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4496742/

There are various solutions:-

1) Abstain completely. But that makes one seem odd/out of place. For example, teetotallers are often wise to drink something like mineral water or something coloured like grenadine to give the appearance they re drinking something alcoholic like vodka. They just don't mention what exactly they are drinking. I find that a lot of decent restaurants like to serve(raw)  beef tartare as they want to show how good their chef is supposedly at warding off the possibility of food-poisoning.

2) Eat or drink non-rawpalaeoish things that give a much reduced detox reaction than others. That requires experimentation. For example, I would rather eat some cooked vegetables at a party than  cooked animal fats, due to the lower toxin content.

3) Eat some "high-meat" a few hours beforehand beforehand. A couple of mouthfuls at least.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Fenrir

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 03:44:31 pm »
Thank you both for the advice i just finished working out and had some lamb and i feel better now for the most part.

I read most of the study though some parts went over my head and some parts i did skimp through a little but a lot of it was very interesting about the role of the buildup of age's in degenerative disease. They mention a few sources of polyphenols that could be used to inhibit the production of age but i would imagine that would apply to a great many things right since most fresh plant foods are very rich in polyphenols even if some are more so than others?

Do you think that in a raw paleo diet weve reduced our age consumption enough that our bodies are able to work at reducing our total buildup or do you think we just balance the load and simply dont increase the amount yet remain near the level we started with already within our tissues?

Ill try harder to stand firm and abstain next time if i dont have any suitable options, and if its not possible perhaps i will try what you say and just avoid the cooked meat. What exactly about high meat would help to prevent the formation of toxins from a cooked meal after though?
Ive been doing this for quite some time now it will be a year in june but i still have yet to try high meat i dont quite know why. for a long time i was keeping my meat in the produce drawers in my fridge and i didnt really like the taste of meat that sat for too long,but recently ive stopped and am just keeping it on plates in the open fridge and i find the air definitely keeps it more appetizing i now do like the taste of the meat when its sat for a while and has started to dry. Would aged meat that has sat drying in the fridge for a few weeks but not rotten have at least some of the same benifits?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 05:04:47 pm »
Going RVAF makes people look a lot younger etc. So, clearly, we do reduce our overall AGE content in our bodies by eating RVAF for a long period. Granted, minuscule amounts of AGEs are always created in the body as it is a sign of inflammation, it is just that eating cooked foods makes AGE levels (and other types of  cooking-derived toxins) much higher in the body.

High-meat contains lots of bacteria which help predigest that meat and any other meat that comes soonish after, presumably also helping to break down the toxins as well in the process. I suspect that drying the high-meat does not work, given past experiments.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Fenrir

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 05:14:47 am »
That makes sense, thank you for your help!

Offline rami999

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 10:49:01 pm »
Dont bother yourself just eat good and healthy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk