Author Topic: Curing Anxiety/ Depression with Raw Paleo  (Read 14535 times)

Busgrw

Curing Anxiety/ Depression with Raw Paleo
« on: November 10, 2008, 04:48:15 am »
Hi,

As anyone any experience or knowledge of curing anxiety and depression with Raw Paleo. I've tried quite a few different diets to try and overcome things but to no real avail. I had significant improvements when going low carb but there still symptoms there that need dealt with. Going raw is new to me and i'm wondering what to expect.

Any advice or personal stories are welcome.

Cheers.

G ;)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Curing Anxiety/ Depression with Raw Paleo
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 05:52:00 am »
I believe from the teachings I read from Barefoot Herbalist Book I, Dr. William Hey says depressions are nutritional deficiences, sunlight deficiencies, I think fat deficiencies and toxicity related with constipation thrown in... not to mention eating non human food is depressing itself.

Going low carb, means you are going high fat... which is a step in the right direction.  And raw food gives you more nutrition.  And raw food gives us beneficial microorganisms in our gut.  High meat cures depression quickly I hear.  When people have sterile guts due to anti-biotic use they get depressed too.

As always... constipation is number 1.  Have to remove the waste first. Colon cleansing first.  Make way for the good food.

I'm interested in this topic, I have a dear friend who lives in a far away province who I hear is depressed.  I think I will re-read that book I again for the depression aspect.

See http://www.barefootherbalistmh.com/index.html

download book I at

http://www.barefootherbalistmh.com/attachments/File/FIRST_20SCHOOL_20BOOK%5B1%5D.pdf

Depression cure example in page 91.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 06:10:37 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Busgrw

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 06:13:28 am »
I believe from the teachings I read from Barefoot Herbalist Book I, Dr. William Hey says depressions are nutritional deficiences, sunlight deficiencies, I think fat deficiencies and toxicity related with constipation thrown in... not to mention eating non human food is depressing itself.

Going low carb, means you are going high fat... which is a step in the right direction.  And raw food gives you more nutrition.  And raw food gives us beneficial microorganisms in our gut.  High meat cures depression quickly I hear.  When people have sterile guts due to anti-biotic use they get depressed too.

As always... constipation is number 1.  Have to remove the waste first. Colon cleansing first.  Make way for the good food.

I'm interested in this topic, I have a dear friend who lives in a far away province who I hear is depressed.  I think I will re-read that book I again for the depression aspect.

See http://www.barefootherbalistmh.com/index.html

download book I at

http://www.barefootherbalistmh.com/attachments/File/FIRST_20SCHOOL_20BOOK%5B1%5D.pdf

Thanks good samaritan. I've been thinking about trying high meat for a while now to see if I can get the euphoric feelings people talk about. Will get on it.

Think I might have to think about moving overseas to a sunnier climate too as Scotland sucks for sunny weather!!!!

At the moment i'm mixing my diet with about 50% raw 50% cooked but think I will go on a 2 week 100% raw and see if things improve. It's a constant trial and error.

:)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 06:16:39 am »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Busgrw

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 06:24:13 am »
Great idea.

What is colon cleansing?

http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols/colon-cleanse

In simple terms, it's when they shove a pipe up your anal passage and squirt water or some other fluid in and out so that it clears the passage of any blockages!!!!! Sounds..........interesting :o

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 07:53:02 am »
In my personal experience and with the people I've helped, herbal colon cleansers work better than colonics (water shoved in).

Colosan you can get from www.amazon.com
LBB you can order from www.barefootherbalistmh.com
In the Philippines, Dr. Tam's Miracle Tea

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 07:53:55 am »
In simple terms, it's when they shove a pipe up your anal passage and squirt water or some other fluid in and out so that it clears the passage of any blockages!!!!! Sounds..........interesting :o

Believe me, he wasn't asking what colon cleansing was  ;)

As far as depression, I was horribly depressed before starting RPD, due to a previous relationship. I'd been trying for almost two years to find the certain diet, the certain supplement, the certain adaptogen... that would alleviate my sad feelings but nothing ever worked for more than a few days (or a few hours).
(I don't like using the word "depressed" or "depression" because of the ideas attached to it, but whatever.)
Anyway, since going on RPD I'm quite happy all the time.
Coulda been the diet, could have been something else.
I've also found it beneficial, of course, to get plenty of sunshine and to get your bare feet on some grass at least once per day.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 11:52:46 am »
A long time ago my girlfriend of 5+ years and I were engaged to be married and she backed out.
I was horribly depressed.
Didn't know about health or diet at that time.
I got over it by getting another girl.
Knocked some sense into my long time girl friend and she came thundering back to me.
She's my wife now.

Somehow she didn't respect me when I was a "good boy".  When I showed I can get other women, a "bad boy", this is what she appreciates.  In my many more years of experience, this is true, women are attracted to "playboys".  They appreciate you when they know you have lots of women flocking all over you.  Now I seem to be more magnetic with RPD...  ;)

Busgrw

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 04:58:21 pm »
In my personal experience and with the people I've helped, herbal colon cleansers work better than colonics (water shoved in).

Colosan you can get from www.amazon.com
LBB you can order from www.barefootherbalistmh.com
In the Philippines, Dr. Tam's Miracle Tea

Hmmm, worth a look. Especially since I know which one i'd rather try first.

Think my problem is that I never try any type of diet for long enough as the withdrawal symptoms get so bad that I just cave in and get back on the high sugar carbs!! Will have to keep working at it and hopefully greak the cycle so that my body adapts to the RPD diet which will take time.

Boxcarguy, get what your saying about being happy all the time. There are quite a few people on this forum who state that they feel that way too after spending time on this diet. That's what I have to work towards. Time will tell. To be honest though, i'm never that unhappy all the time. I suppose its more the anxiety that gets a hold of me and the 'depression' is just secondary. I feel that my adrenals are just pumping all the time and that they are out of sync. Therefore I need to find ways of allowing them to relax and recover and low/ zero carb RPD seems to be the best option with the best results. But who knows!!!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 06:35:34 pm »
I recovered from anxiety with the help of a rawpalaeo diet. Here are some suggestions:-

1) Take a raw adrenal or raw thyroid supplement either from 100% grassfed farms like NorthStar Bison, or from Dr Ron's much more expensive  website:-

http://www.drrons.com/

I wish I'd had the sense to try the above much earlier, as I would have taken much less time to recover, but anyway....

2)"High-meat" is really for those who've gotten fully used to the idea of eating fresh, raw meats and have already experimented with foods aged for a day or two. As a newbie, you might want to consider trying EM products, at first:-

http://www.eminfo.info/

Neither high-meat nor EM-products will solve the main problem, which is that your glandular system is totally wrecked, but they will give you a feel-good feeling, in the mean-time.

3) Avoid stimulants like alcohol or tobacco, as those weaken the adrenals - high-meat is different as it just increases serotonin levels via introduction of large amounts of bacteria into the human body.  Don't do anything strenuous like heavy exercise, either.

4) Don't go zero-carb or too high-carb - both tactics seemed to stress my adrenals way too much.

5) In recent months, I've gone in for raw fermented(Blue Ice) cod-liver-oil which I think would be useful for strengthening one's glandular system. Just a thought.

6) Glandular-related health problems are usually due to long periods of stress which exhaust the body's resources so that there's a lot of nutritional deficiencies. It's very important, therefore, to include a variety of more nutrient-dense raw organ-meats(eg:- heart, liver, kidney, tongue, brains etc.  whatever you can get) along with the muscle-meats, raw seafood etc. Long-term RPDers generally report recovering much faster if they include some organ-meats in their diet.

7) Don't expect instant results. It can take some time for one's glandular system to recover.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 06:55:21 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 06:42:36 pm »
Hmmm, worth a look. Especially since I know which one i'd rather try first.

Think my problem is that I never try any type of diet for long enough as the withdrawal symptoms get so bad that I just cave in and get back on the high sugar carbs!! Will have to keep working at it and hopefully greak the cycle so that my body adapts to the RPD diet which will take time.

Boxcarguy, get what your saying about being happy all the time. There are quite a few people on this forum who state that they feel that way too after spending time on this diet. That's what I have to work towards. Time will tell. To be honest though, i'm never that unhappy all the time. I suppose its more the anxiety that gets a hold of me and the 'depression' is just secondary. I feel that my adrenals are just pumping all the time and that they are out of sync. Therefore I need to find ways of allowing them to relax and recover and low/ zero carb RPD seems to be the best option with the best results. But who knows!!!

Well I wish you the best in your recovery!
RPD has also brought me a greater sense of calm it seems, and I've noticed this school year that I have been more confident. I never would have, say, struck up conversations with random girls in elevators before, but I find myself doing things like that now.

And I, personally, didn't find it too hard to adapt to the RPD diet, because it wasn't long before my body was craving raw meat instead of junk! Hopefully same goes for you!

Busgrw

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 10:49:06 pm »
I recovered from anxiety with the help of a rawpalaeo diet. Here are some suggestions:-

1) Take a raw adrenal or raw thyroid supplement either from 100% grassfed farms like NorthStar Bison, or from Dr Ron's much more expensive  website:-

http://www.drrons.com/

I wish I'd had the sense to try the above much earlier, as I would have taken much less time to recover, but anyway....

Been thinking about this for a while. Asked my local butcher if they could get me any but as one might expect, the look he gave me said it all. Not sure he even knew what they were!!! Will definitely get some from DrRon though

2)"High-meat" is really for those who've gotten fully used to the idea of eating fresh, raw meats and have already experimented with foods aged for a day or two. As a newbie, you might want to consider trying EM products, at first:-

Think i've gotten used to eating fresh raw meats now and aged meat too so am keen to take high meat the next step (in small doses) to see how I fair.

3) Avoid stimulants like alcohol or tobacco, as those weaken the adrenals

Done. Stopped smoking about 10 years ago and stopped drinking about 6 months ago.

5) In recent months, I've gone in for raw fermented(Blue Ice) cod-liver-oil which I think would be useful for strengthening one's glandular system. Just a thought.

Was looking at this recently as i live up north in Scotland where sunlight is less than most and want to get more vit D into me. Will look closer.

6) Glandular-related health problems are usually due to long periods of stress which exhaust the body's resources so that there's a lot of nutritional deficiencies. It's very important, therefore, to include a variety of more nutrient-dense raw organ-meats

Will do.

7) Don't expect instant results. It can take some time for one's glandular system to recover.

I'm used to not getting instant results as i've been on this rollercoaster for 4 years now. I'll bide my time.

Thanks Tyler. You've been a great help. I'l get there. I know it!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 11:06:26 pm »
Asking butchers for adrenals wouldn't work, better to go straight to the source and ask the farmers(though most of the latter won't have a clue what the adrenals are, either).

Dr Ron's website is the easiest to access, I suppose(Slanker's and northstar bison(I think) provide raw adrenals, not sure). Since dr ron's product is so expensive, just 1 capsule a day is fine - do what I do which is to open the pill and swallow the contents as the gelatin of the capsule inhibits absorption of nutrients.

Re high-meat:- Everyone needs a different dose. For example, in my own case, I need 2 large chunks of high-meat a day(each chunk just able to fit into my mouth, without needing to chew), during those periods I use it, in order to get the full effect - yet, if I eat a whole plateful of high-meat, I don't get more benefit than what I get with just those 2 chunks. Others seem to be fine with just marble-sized amounts.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 11:08:47 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Busgrw

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 11:19:25 pm »
Asking butchers for adrenals wouldn't work, better to go straight to the source and ask the farmers(though most of the latter won't have a clue what the adrenals are, either).

Dr Ron's website is the easiest to access, I suppose(Slanker's and northstar bison(I think) provide raw adrenals, not sure). Since dr ron's product is so expensive, just 1 capsule a day is fine - do what I do which is to open the pill and swallow the contents as the gelatin of the capsule inhibits absorption of nutrients.

Re high-meat:- Everyone needs a different dose. For example, in my own case, I need 2 large chunks of high-meat a day(each chunk just able to fit into my mouth, without needing to chew), during those periods I use it, in order to get the full effect - yet, if I eat a whole plateful of high-meat, I don't get more benefit than what I get with just those 2 chunks. Others seem to be fine with just marble-sized amounts.

Ha. Just noticed my quoting didn't work the best on my last post!!! Oh well.

Being in the UK I can't get slankers or northstar bison so i'll go with Dr Ron for now and see how things go.

Cheers.

Offline DrNovac

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2018, 12:54:38 am »
 Thank you for the brilliant advice, I am struggling with the same problem.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2018, 01:41:03 am »
Other very important recommendations:- try the alpha-stim gadget, it really works against anxiety, and also try using near-infrared light therapy(joov or, better yet, red light man devices). I guarantee they will have some positive effect. Diets can solve a lot, but cannot deal with things like brain-damage.
" Ron Paul.

Offline rami999

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2018, 05:54:43 am »
Thank you for this info

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk