Author Topic: Types of raw fat  (Read 3012 times)

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
Types of raw fat
« on: April 08, 2018, 07:06:33 pm »
Hi,

I know of the following types of raw fats: Raw eggs, Raw butter, Lard, Tallow, Bone marrow, Avocado, Raw nuts and seeds, Cold pressed oils such as olive, flax or coconut and Coconut fat (from juiced coconut).

I´d like to eat more raw fats but I need the ones that are easy to digest. I have issues with avocado, pig, raw nuts and seeds and possibly butter, so what would you recommend. I read tallow can be hard to digest? I have an issue digesting beef and pig, so I guess lard and tallow would be out? Also, it´s impossible to get good quality (organic, pastured) lard, tallow or bone marrow here, can you suggest a store that ships internationally?

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 09:17:19 pm by norawnofun »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Types of raw fat
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 07:38:09 pm »
Lard and tallow aren't raw...

I only ever managed to get raw marrow from farms. Where are you based(ie country and county or State).?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 07:50:55 pm »
Ok. Is bone marrow the only raw fat? And what raw fats do you recommend? I currently live on the Island of Malta.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 09:26:59 pm »
Raw fats that I personally like and agree with me:- raw fatty fish such as raw mackerel,  raw kingfish, raw swordfish(yum!!), raw  sardines(well, OK not much!).Raw marrow, raw beef tongue(grassfed etc.). I would also include raw eggs if there was a way to raise them via chickens myself on carrion, worms, insects et al mostly.  You might also try raw grassfed brains as well(I don't like the tsate much, though thereof)...
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 10:00:18 pm »
ok thanks for the suggestions. How does brain taste like?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 10:17:31 pm »
Not great, like a very tasteless, bland porridge...
" Ron Paul.

Offline Apani

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 05:44:23 am »
Lard and tallow aren't raw...

However, here in Italy the word "Lardo" always refers to uncooked cured pig fat, whereas cooked pig fat is called "Strutto".

As for fat, lately I've been getting most of it by eating brisket (pancia) and pork ribs (rosticciana) (I can't eat all of the fat on them tho). I had pig tongue once, it was quite tasty and not as tough as cow's, maybe I'll order it again.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:54:36 am by Apani »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk