Author Topic: Some questions  (Read 3579 times)

Offline RawBilly

• Forager
    • View Profile
Some questions
« on: August 01, 2018, 04:18:51 am »
Hi guys I will try to keep this short ...

Have been experimenting with diet, usually centred around some sort of Paleo for the past 10-12 years. I have a condition however where my body reacts to fat - in sufficient quantities I get pancreas pain and nausea. Had just about every medical asessment here in the UK but they say they can't find anything other than raised levels of a hormone to do with immune reaction.

Some time ago I tried a cooked meat only diet and found an incredible lifting of brain fog I hadn't known since I was a child, immense increases in motivation, energy, libido, concentration ... All great but I just couldn't put up with the constant pancreas pain and nausea. I felt like crying when I went back to eating baby foods (vegetables, noodles, bread etc is much easier on my stomach) as I could feel the power of an all meat diet.

So, just wondering if anyone has had success with raw meat they couldn't achieve with cooked? Anyone dealt with auto-immune issues? Is raw fat easier to digest? Raw protein easier to digest? How much raw meat do people generally consume per day? If bioavailability is much greater, does less raw meat go a longer way than cooked?

The ultimate answer is I just need to get on and give it a go - currently been on cooked meat only for 10 days but am about to give up again due to this nausea so would be an ideal time to give it a go as I feel pretty much adapted. I bought some diced beef a couple of days ago and rather enjoyed eating it raw ...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Some questions
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 05:00:17 am »
In the last 13 years prior to going rawpalaeo, I would get massive, very painful stomach-aches every so often. After years of switching diets to  raw vegan/fruitarian/sproutarian , I finally discovered that these pains only occured after I ate any cooked animal food. When I, as a last resort, switched to a RVAF diet and started eating raw animal foods, I duly found that I did not get those pains from eating such. Also, most of my other health-problems disappeared within a 4 month period(though, admittedly, most RVAFers facing serious health-problems generally take 2-3 years of eating RVAF diets before they fully recover). I did have to adjust by aging the meats a few days at first so as to tenderise them before eating, as my teeth were on the verge of falling out after so many years of ill-health.

On reading info online, I got the impression that an inability to eat(cooked) animal food had to do with a burnt-out adrenal gland. However, I have no idea as I at the time had so many different health-problems all over my body due to mass inflammation caused by a delayed-action dairy allergy, so it could have had multiple causes.

Everyone is different, so do not necessarily assume that your experience will be the same as mine.If you are overweight, I would recommend water-fasting for 10 days or so at first. Some RVAFers like to do 20 days before going RVAF, but that is a bit much for someone new to fasting.

I too experienced a brain-boost when doing my all-raw-animal-food experiments, but I was terrified to find out, after c. 3 weeks, that a lot of my past health-problems pre-RVAF diet were starting to reappear. I really wouldn't recommend it, since you already have issues with the all-cooked-animal-food diet. You might consider trying "high-meat" every so often as that also gives a brain-boost.

It might be an idea to do 95% raw veg/raw fruit/raw sprouts(preferably organic), and only 5% raw meats, at first. Make sure the raw meat is of high quality(ie 100% grassfed or raw wildcaught seafood or raw wild game). You can always increase the amount of raw meats as you get used to it all. In case your problem is specifically the digestion of meats in general, as opposed to just cooked meats, it might be a really good idea to age your raw animal foods for a few days, or even switch to eating lots of "high-meat". You see, all the extra bacteria in the aged raw meat help to predigest the meat, allowing your digestive system to make far less effort in digesting the meats.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawBilly

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 04:33:52 am »
Thanks so much for this detailed reply. I was really sick last night and although the pain had gone I was tired all day. I will give my stomach a rest for a couple of days with baby food then try again with raw meat. I will come back and update with any results - good or bad. Thanks again

Offline RawBilly

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 02:07:45 am »

In the last 13 years prior to going rawpalaeo, I would get massive, very painful stomach-aches every so often. After years of switching diets to  raw vegan/fruitarian/sproutarian , I finally discovered that these pains only occured after I ate any cooked animal food. When I, as a last resort, switched to a RVAF diet and started eating raw animal foods, I duly found that I did not get those pains from eating such. Also, most of my other health-problems disappeared within a 4 month period(though, admittedly, most RVAFers facing serious health-problems generally take 2-3 years of eating RVAF diets before they fully recover). I did have to adjust by aging the meats a few days at first so as to tenderise them before eating, as my teeth were on the verge of falling out after so many years of ill-health.

On reading info online, I got the impression that an inability to eat(cooked) animal food had to do with a burnt-out adrenal gland. However, I have no idea as I at the time had so many different health-problems all over my body due to mass inflammation caused by a delayed-action dairy allergy, so it could have had multiple causes.

Everyone is different, so do not necessarily assume that your experience will be the same as mine.If you are overweight, I would recommend water-fasting for 10 days or so at first. Some RVAFers like to do 20 days before going RVAF, but that is a bit much for someone new to fasting.

I too experienced a brain-boost when doing my all-raw-animal-food experiments, but I was terrified to find out, after c. 3 weeks, that a lot of my past health-problems pre-RVAF diet were starting to reappear. I really wouldn't recommend it, since you already have issues with the all-cooked-animal-food diet. You might consider trying "high-meat" every so often as that also gives a brain-boost.

It might be an idea to do 95% raw veg/raw fruit/raw sprouts(preferably organic), and only 5% raw meats, at first. Make sure the raw meat is of high quality(ie 100% grassfed or raw wildcaught seafood or raw wild game). You can always increase the amount of raw meats as you get used to it all. In case your problem is specifically the digestion of meats in general, as opposed to just cooked meats, it might be a really good idea to age your raw animal foods for a few days, or even switch to eating lots of "high-meat". You see, all the extra bacteria in the aged raw meat help to predigest the meat, allowing your digestive system to make far less effort in digesting the meats.

I've read a few of your posts on here in which you talk about the 3 week mark - it's interesting. The last time I did zero carb on cooked meats it was around 5 weeks and I'd never felt better but just couldn't take the stomach pain any longer.

One of the things I'm most curious about is whether raw meats are easier to digest but particularly if this is because of the natural enzyme content which is destroyed by heat when cooking. I've had some success taking lipase supplements in the past which really firmed my turds up and helped with the stomach pain. It's prohibitively expensive tho... I read that raw foods including meat have the enzymes needed to digest them but I've also read that these are destroyed in digestive transit, which I don't agree with as otherwise my lipase supplements would not have worked. I guess the only way to know is to try as it's entirely subjective due to genetic variation. Raw is the last throw of the dice for me in the 'natural' way.

What are your thoughts on salt?? I didn't feel so good this time round without salt as I did last time with it. But I can't really imagine sprinkling sea salt on mince beef ... I found that I didn't have cravings for anything after a week - carbs, alcohol, masturbation even but these persisted this time round without salt. I don't know if this is because I need salt or if it's because I was still detoxing from the chemical ...?

« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 02:13:50 am by RawBilly »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 04:17:43 am »
Again, everyone is different, and we all need to experiment a lot to find out what works best for us as an individual. Do not assume that what works for me will always work for you  as well, therefore.In my own case, I found very quickly, that salt, however high-grade, gave me a very odd, very sick feeling - I think it affected my blood-sugar levels at the time. Anyway, the feeling seemed so harmful, I stopped taking sea-salt/rock-salt until many years later. I still avoid using more than a pinch at a time, and, even then,  only use it once every 6 months or so, preferring other spices such as black pepper, if I must. More and more, I tend to stick to the Instincto theme of "mono-eating", though.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawBilly

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 02:34:04 am »
Ok so ....

250g 20% fat cooked mince meat would usually be enough to make me ill. I ate that raw this evening and feel fine. Perhaps there's something in this for me. I'm hoping I might get used to raw mince as it's cheap and cheerful but I hate the texture compared to raw diced steak which I don't mind at all. The mince made me bork a couple of times which I never get with chunks of meat. Thinking of making a steak tartar and seeing how that goes down ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk