Raw Paleo Diet to Suit You > Carnivorous / Zero Carb Approach

The Various Parts of the Animal

(1/5) > >>

Qondrar_The_Redeemer:
Since as of recently I am able to get any part of the animal, I have already started including some more organ meats (and blood). Any suggestions on what organs/parts of the animal I should get? And what kind nutrient content it has, your personal experience with it (taste, did you get any positive benefits from it etc...). I think it would be particularly interesting to talk about some organ meats that are less known.

TylerDurden:
I don't find raw  liver any good in quantity. I eat it only rarely. I used to eat raw liver in large amounts and my body developed diarrhea in order to get rid of it. I love raw marrow, especially ther soft, reddish, creamier kind, not so much the drier variety.I heavily recommend it. Raw blood from raw wild game is especially invigorating, though blood from other sources has always been disappointing. Raw kidneys/raw hearts are also a good idea. Don't eat raw brain from low-quality sources, tastes really bad/bland if you do. Raw tongue is also an excellent food. I also like the white fat on leg of lamb, but not the white fat on beef, for example. My 1 experiment with raw stag testicles was a disaster...

PaganGoy:
A little stag testicle never hurt anybody, its perfectly good nutrition. ;)

dariorpl:
Any part of the animal that is edible and tastes good to you should be a good addition

Qondrar_The_Redeemer:
I already eat liver, marrow, kidneys and heart (and drink blood). Brain has simply not been available until now, so I look forward to trying that eventually along with tongue and testicles. I agree with you regarding the taste of the marrow, I actually think raw marrow is the best food I've ever tried, even better than anything I used to eat on standard cooked diet. Regarding liver, how much did you eat? I eat 100-200 grams a day and think it's great, although if I suddenly stop tolerating it, I will obviously stop. Thanks for the information regarding brain, I have a source which has some very good meat, close to the taste of wild game. Not quite, but I can't get any organs from wild game so it's not like I have much of a choice. Regarding blood, I find it invigorating, where as before the other grain-fed and grass-fed sources were different. Although I've never been able to get it from wild game, so I've no idea what that would be like. What happened with the stag testicles?

I'm also interested about the various glands and other parts. I know, for example, that by far the highest source of Iodine is in the thyroid gland. I'm sure other organs are all unique in the potential benefits they may offer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version