Author Topic: The Brain Power Cookbook  (Read 3956 times)

Offline awesomeame

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
The Brain Power Cookbook
« on: June 07, 2009, 12:01:05 am »
Has anyone read this book, "the brain power cookbook" ?  I saw it on a tv show called "the DR's" and it looks intriguing.  My local store/library doesn't have a copy.  I'm wondering if this is a paleo friendly book, and if it's worth my $15 lol.  ANyone?

Matt

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
Re: The Brain Power Cookbook
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 09:16:37 am »
Marketing?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 05:24:48 pm »
It's a mass-market diet book and therefore is a total waste of money. If you want to buy books on cooked palaeolithic diet, then books by cordain, michael eades et al are far better. Mind you, while most people do benefit slightly from a cooked-palaeolithic diet, it's rare for people to fully cure their health-issues on such a diet, unless those problems were due to food-intolerance/allergy towards dairy/grains. Usually, it's necessary to go raw as well, in order to truly improve.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline SuperInfinity

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 11:40:15 am »
I also don't like diet books as I can't find any that talks about pesticides, chemicals, freshness etc. I have no idea why people seem drawn to recipes and diet plans, I think it's stupid. 

I eat what I want when I want* and am less than 10 stone. I'm basically an instincto fruitarian.

* well sometimes I do limit meat. Of course I do not consider cooked things food anymore than I consider heroin food.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 12:39:18 pm »
    I wouldn't buy anything called a cookbook.  Can't you find one called recipe book?  I just bought Food is Your Best Medicine by Bieler and Feasing on Raw Foods by Gerras.  They look interesting.  I would like a good brain power book.  For me, it's not a priority though.  Proper exercise is good for the brain.  That would probably be better for me.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 07:16:28 pm »
    Only 12.99 here http://books.google.com/books?id=uqglRfa8k0YC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage.  Was 15 Canadian or US?  The link I provided has the recipes linked from there.  They look like they have herbs in each recipe, cooking etc.  Did you wind up buying it?  I'm glad you're more raw now, feeling better.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk