Author Topic: Women are evolutionarily programmed to express more disgust, say scientists  (Read 4320 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"What is the point of growing up If you can't be childish sometimes..." - Tom Baker as Dr Who.

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
I'm a little skeptical about the design of the experiment. How, exactly, are they controlling for social conditioning.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
I'm a little skeptical about the design of the experiment. How, exactly, are they controlling for social conditioning.
I think fear of creepy-crawlies by women is essentially genetically-programmed due to women gathering in the Palaeolithic era.
"What is the point of growing up If you can't be childish sometimes..." - Tom Baker as Dr Who.

Offline a_real_man

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Can you elaborate, on why why you think, fear of creepy-crawlies is natural? In many parts of the world, people view creepy-crawlies as snacks. Wouldn't that suggest the situation to be social conditioning?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Can you elaborate, on why why you think, fear of creepy-crawlies is natural? In many parts of the world, people view creepy-crawlies as snacks. Wouldn't that suggest the situation to be social conditioning?
The idea is that women are genetically programmed during the Palaeolithic to go gathering. While gathering fruits/grapes etc., they would have been far more prone to encountering nasty insects such as poisonous spiders, poisonous snakes etc.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk