Raw Paleo Diet to Suit You > Omnivorous Raw Paleo Diet

My current diet

(1/1)

IonSurfer:
Hi all,

I am currently eating 3 pieces of fruit (currently mandarins (I usually buy plums in summer (I'm in Australia and I like all fruit except pomegranites (I'm not prepared to eat seeds, or vegetables or fungi for that matter)))), 1kg rump steak and 2 to 3 litres triple-filtered water each day. I briefly experimented with just steak and water before realising it had zero vitamin A (because I eat  grain-fed steak as I can't afford 1kg of grass-fed steak per day and vitamin A is in the fat (hence grass-fed steak fat's yellowish colour)).
Everything is raw (the steak bloody (this is why I buy rump steak - the blood is so delicious!)).

Does anyone think my diet lacks anything/isn't sustainable? I personally really like it and recommend it.

I previously ate pasteurised milk and frozen salmon (as well as fruit and a small amount of grass-fed steak) but had ethical reservations about the former and removed the latter to make my meat more economical given that it is now my staple energy source rather than the much cheaper milk.

I am hoping that I have discovered a universal model ethical diet -
fruit, steak and water (the steak can be from any animal that has such a cut, depending on the availability in a person's locale).

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Dingeman:
I don't see any fat that you eat. Eating 1 kg of meat is too much, you want to eat like 600g and fill the rest with fat.

Qondrar_The_Redeemer:
I would recommend trying more fat, and incorporating organs. They are, after all, the most nutritious part of the animal, much more nutritious than muscle (liver has 10x times the amount in many nutrients, or even more than that). And in my opinion they taste good as well (not all of them are the same, obviously). You should also try and get grass-fed/pastured/organic/wild game in the case of organs and fat, as the difference between that and grain-fed is significant. And just so you know, the red liquid in rump steak is actually myoglobin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version