Author Topic: celiac disease  (Read 3000 times)

Offline Haida

• Forager
    • View Profile
celiac disease
« on: June 07, 2009, 04:40:06 pm »
I am curious about your thoughts on celiac disease.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: celiac disease
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 05:10:48 pm »
I am curious about your thoughts on celiac disease.

Just avoid grains and dairy. It's as simple as that.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 05:55:21 am »
From Celiac.org

"Celiac Disease (CD) is a lifelong, digestive disorder affecting children and adults. When people with CD eat foods that contain gluten, it creates an immune-mediated toxic reaction that causes damage to the small intestine and does not allow food to be properly absorbed. Even small amounts of gluten in foods can affect those with CD and cause health problems. Damage can occur to the small bowel even when there are no symptoms present.

Gluten is the common name for the proteins in specific grains that are harmful to persons with celiac disease. These proteins are found in ALL forms of wheat (including durum, semolina, spelt, kamut, einkorn and faro) and related grains rye, barley and triticale and MUST be eliminated."

My opinion:

Everyone is allergic to wheat in various degrees.  Some more so than others, and I have heard cases that are fatal.  Because wheat is not an original recommended natural human food.  Raw Paleo Diet is what we strive to look for as the original human diet, RPD is for all humans, including the people who have been diagnosed with "celiac disease".  Invite the whole celiac.org membership here!

I don't really like branding people as being plagued with DISEASE as if being allergic to wheat is abnormal.  It is the pushing of wheat as a staple food recommended for all people as ABNORMAL.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 03:51:48 pm »
    Although I prefer to totally avoid wheat and gluten, I am more familiar with Ayurveda perspective on kaphagenic allergy such as to wheat, and aajonus' way of when you do eat wheat- how to.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 04:08:25 pm »
    Although I prefer to totally avoid wheat and gluten, I am more familiar with Ayurveda perspective on kaphagenic allergy such as to wheat, and aajonus' way of when you do eat wheat- how to.

Can you explain this to me?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk