Author Topic: Did you start gradually with this way of eating  (Read 2106 times)

Offline rivervibe

• Forager
    • View Profile
Did you start gradually with this way of eating
« on: June 07, 2018, 03:42:21 am »
I have not yet ventured into this land of raw ( will be buying meat today ).. but was curious if anyone here had jumped into the deep end with raw of everything and every day .. or instead, just gradually incorporated some raw into their diet:

I like the way this girl looks at her raw meat:  She uses meat as a vitamin supplement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJL0oU9s7rE

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Did you start gradually with this way of eating
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 09:59:58 am »
Well, I had no choice but to start 100% RVAF. My teeth were on the verge of falling out, I had finally worked out that I got very painful stomach-aches after eating any cooked animal food, and eating only plant foods caused me overwhelming hunger-pangs that no amount of plant food could remove.It is generally recommended to go 100% raw right from the start - unless you are in such severe ill-health that you cannot face even the slightest problems. You see, detox can only really work well if one is not eating any cooked/processed foods. That is why those on cooked diets only really detox properly when they are doing long-term water-fasting.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline rivervibe

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 11:32:04 am »
That sounds totally reasonable. Makes sense to me.  I'm going to cut it out, to just the meat that I can stand to eat raw ( probably no more chicken ), add in butter or olive oil for added fat, and have salads and sweet potatoe but not much, to complete the calorie level.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 07:03:07 pm »
It will be different for everyone, I suspect. I eased gradually in. I suppose I could say I started easing in as soon as I started eating solid food, as I live in the US so it is customary to eat many things raw: most fruits, many vegetables (carrots, celery, salads, etc). As far as eating raw meat goes, I had my first taste of sushi with raw salmon back around 2003, and that was also the year when I first began experimenting with eating raw muscle meats from mammals. I started with goat (I really like goat), and expanded into sheep, cattle, deer, elk, and bison soon after.

Offline Qondrar_The_Redeemer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 11:00:42 pm »
Much like Tyler, I went 100% raw meat (I eat carnivorously, only meat) because I could not tolerate cooked foods well anymore. I haven't eaten a single cooked meal since then. Obviously since I personally couldn't look at raw meat as a vitamin supplement, as that is all I eat. I actually prefer the more nutritious organs and blood over the muscle.

I would recommend going only raw and avoiding cooked foods, it will make it easier in my opinion. But you can obviously try and slowly ease yourself into it, if you think that's something you'd rather do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk