Author Topic: I made a video of my first visit to the best meat-store I've ever been to!  (Read 7879 times)

Offline PrimalSwede

• Forager
    • View Profile
A friend told me about this place and I've been looking forward to go here for a week! The store was approximately 1 hour and 25 minutes away from my house but since I want the best meat I could possibly access for a somewhat reasonable price - I had to go!

I hope you enjoy my little video, this is also my first post here so I'm looking forward to meet you guys! I hope to learn a lot.

My diet started 17th of July 2018.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD90PPCRq88

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
happy for you, dark red, yellow fat surround.   Maybe you can befriend the butcher there and ask him if he'll save you fat trimmings and provide you with bone marrow.  I didn't  watch the whole presentation,  liver, heart, pancreas, thymus, brain...  all good to supplement with . 
   Biting off chunks is good, and so is sitting down with a cutting board and extremely sharp high end knife and slicing very thin all the while eating with small amounts of shaved back fat.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
You spent over 100 Euro for just over 2 kg of meat? That sounds insanely expensive!

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
that's about what whole foods charges for New Yorks or ribeyes.. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
When I first started going RVAF and trying to get hold of raw 100% organic, 100% grassfed meats, I at first found only 1 source(in 2001) which cost  4.50 pounds sterling for just 100 grams. I was in shock for a few weeks until I started finding raw, grassfed meats at much cheaper prices(30 pounds sterling a kilo). Eventually, I found that raw wild game at LFM markets was , bizarrely, signifcantly cheaper than grassfed, despite it being of a far  higher quality.

I would strongly advise buying raw organ-meats if only raw grassfed meat is available. I have always been able to get hold of high quality raw organs for as little as 2 euros a kilo. Raw organs, anyway, have a far higher nutrient-content than standard raw muscle-meats.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PrimalSwede

• Forager
    • View Profile
happy for you, dark red, yellow fat surround.   Maybe you can befriend the butcher there and ask him if he'll save you fat trimmings and provide you with bone marrow.  I didn't  watch the whole presentation,  liver, heart, pancreas, thymus, brain...  all good to supplement with . 
   Biting off chunks is good, and so is sitting down with a cutting board and extremely sharp high end knife and slicing very thin all the while eating with small amounts of shaved back fat.
The meat is amazing indeed :D I'm going to try to cut the fat with a knife so it's easier to consume.

You spent over 100 Euro for just over 2 kg of meat? That sounds insanely expensive!
Yep, it is insanely expensive! However, I can buy 1kg of beef for 25 euros in a store. The problem is that it is completely unknown how the animal has been treated. I can verify that the beef is Swedish, but not much more than that.

When I first started going RVAF and trying to get hold of raw 100% organic, 100% grassfed meats, I at first found only 1 source(in 2001) which cost  4.50 pounds sterling for just 100 grams. I was in shock for a few weeks until I started finding raw, grassfed meats at much cheaper prices(30 pounds sterling a kilo). Eventually, I found that raw wild game at LFM markets was , bizarrely, signifcantly cheaper than grassfed, despite it being of a far  higher quality.

I would strongly advise buying raw organ-meats if only raw grassfed meat is available. I have always been able to get hold of high quality raw organs for as little as 2 euros a kilo. Raw organs, anyway, have a far higher nutrient-content than standard raw muscle-meats.
I would love to buy organs, but this particular store did not have it. I'll keep an eye out for it though!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
One of the things that I hate when going to the horse-butcher's in Italy(or any other butcher) is that I have to insist on them NOT cutting off the white fat from the meat before giving it to me. They look at me as though I'm crazy but I like the fat especially(well, when it comes from an animal which has been fed properly most or all of the time).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I most often buy organs. I bought a grass-fed beef heart this morning at the farmers' market for $4.50 per pound. That is probably about $10 per kg, or around 8 or 9 Euro per kg.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk