Raw Paleo Diet Forums > Health

What is the best way to permanently conquer candida overgrowth?

(1/5) > >>

OurLucidDream:
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and have been suffering from candida overgrowth for many years.  I went through the whole vegan phase with lot's of raw foods for 3 and a half months which didn't seem to do a whole lot to help.  I eventually ended up trying the Turpentine / Castor Oil protocol as well which seemed to give some positive benefits but obviously that method may contradict a lot of beliefs on this forum.  I'm not really sure where to look anymore as I permanently want to resolve this issue and was looking for any personal stories / experiences / insights that could be offered.  I've been eating 6 raw eggs a day for a couple weeks so far and I feel great from that but I'd like to know how to permanently get rid of bad breath and how to restore general balance to the body in general.  Is it just a matter of eating raw and letting it happen over time or is there a specific protocol I should follow first?  Thanks!

Dingeman:
You can check out my Journal in the journal section of the forum, I've been fighting candida on this diet with positive results. I've only been doing this diet for 4 months, so the candida isn't fully gone yet. It will definitely go away over time though, I think it takes around a year on average.

If you have any questions after reading my journal I will be happy to answer them!

norawnofun:
I have/had high candida overgrowth. The average good candida level according to my naturopath apparently ranges from 9-12 %, I had 31%. So a lot and I could feel it. No energy whatsoever. Constantly feeling like crap, among many other things. I think i got my parasite overload plus low HCI due to that as well. Either way, the recommandation was a certain mixture of tinctures, twice a day with half a glass of warm water. Morning and evening. All pure tinktures from Pau d´arco, milk thistle, Gotu Cola (dont think that one is really needed but it´s suppose to calm u down), echinecea, and propolis. I put 10 drops of each tincture in that glass, except propolis, here i did 4-5. Drank that for a month among other things for parasites and candida dropped from 31 to 25 percent. Even my "doc" was surprised that it went down so fast. I also cut out certain fruits and veggies (like mushrooms, apples...). However, I am certain that you can heal much faster on a raw carnivore diet.

Personally I´m currently doing a mixed cooked/raw carni diet since 2 weeks and already see big changes, which I think I could accelerate if I´d cut out raw dairy and eggs, since these are carbs, hence sugar which feeds the candida. So just eating meats with plenty of fats including organs would be the best IMO. No veggies or fruits. If u do that, depending on your overgrowth, then I think you can fix this issue within maybe a month or shorter. Will do another candida retest in some time, curious what my levels became.

sabertooth:
The typical prescribed flushes are not typically effective for permanently eliminating yeast overgrowth, and in my opinion they aren't necessary and could even be hindering total recovery.

If you are doing a carnivore cleanse, then go all in, eliminated all supplements and anti fungal herbal protocol...

I personally stay very low carb, high fat, whole animal and will also eat a large amount of coconut butter..... a combination that has helped me eliminate yeast without having to go through all those horrid cleanses. 

norawnofun:
I tend to agree that certain herbs can do you very well in the beginning, but then cause issues afterwards. Sometimes it´s the best to cut off all the supplements and just let ur body do it´s job. I think it has the ability to adapt once it understands that you eat healing foods. That´s why when u eat shitty foods you will get the payback straight. Either way, low carb IMO is always the way to approach things.

Regarding coconut butter I wanna ask u though, u found that more benefical than coconut oil? As I found that coconut oil can do great things to detox the body. Coconut butter i´m not sure though. I also did juiced coconut like AV suggested, but I didn´t observe the pos/neg reaction too well at that time, so I can´t judge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version