Author Topic: Admirable man creates his own forest  (Read 6466 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Admirable man creates his own forest
« on: August 08, 2018, 02:38:20 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-6034573/Jadav-Payeng-spent-40-years-planting-tree-day-create-forest-Majuli-India.html

I am very impressed. Mankind has destroyed so much that it's heartening to see someone undoing the damage. My concern is, of course, the fact that this forest will die out quickly once the poachers/illegal loggers become more aggressive. A relative of mine has been planting trees in his property in Ireland ever since the EU gave subsidies for tree-planting to Irish owners of  gardens. This was  because the British had wiped out the Irish forests in the past in order to root out the Irish rebels. I also have tried to get new trees planted in an Italian property co-owned by various families, but the idea died a quick death with the various fools and morons(sadly  all related by blood to me) whining bitterly about the cost(which is minimal). Yet the area is prone to erosion as the local Mafia wiped out the olive tree groves on the hills above via arson, so new trees are desperately needed in order to hold up the terrain.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk