Author Topic: First Video on Eating Raw Meat  (Read 3853 times)

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
First Video on Eating Raw Meat
« on: August 10, 2018, 09:38:06 pm »
Greetings folks. I have alluded to my intentions to start a YouTube Channel, and have finally gotten around to do this. Here is a video where I talk about eating raw wild-caught salmon.

Eric Eats Wild-Caught King Salmon

Comments, feedback, and Patreon support are all welcome. I am particularly interested in folks' thoughts on whether I should put 'raw' in the title of the video, or just leave it as is.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 09:55:21 pm by Eric »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: First Video on Eating Raw Meat
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 10:59:12 pm »
Raw is good, but if it's Pacific salmon, very good chance that eventually you'll get parasites, small stomach worms, and larger tapeworms.  The smaller stomach ones eventually die, but can cause ulcerative inflammative conditions over time.   I've had a couple hour long telephone conversations with a Ph.D. Parasitologist who has studied parasites from the Pacific area.  Atlantic Salmon don't carry the same risk, nor frozen fish, but can't stand raw fish after been frozen.   You can actually see the smaller stomach attaching worms if you look carefully in fresh Salmon.

Offline Dingeman

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 05:51:01 am »
Subbed, make a video about high meat maybe?

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 09:24:29 am »
In the video I eat sushi grade salmon, which means it was frozen for over 2 weeks well below zero F.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 03:25:42 am »
Raw Salmon is a good choice to introduce the concept of raw nutrition to newbies. Ive gone through periods when I would crave and eat a good amount of salmon, usually when my sheep fat supply was low or of poor quality.

The omega 3 issue, in which science touts salmon as the gold standard, is up for debate. Sheep fat from lush pastures have a high level of DHA and omega 3...especially if you eat the entire Animal. Sheep Brains, eyes, spinal cord, ganglia sheathing fats... are loaded with DHA...though I would admit, cutting out the eyeballs and smashing skulls of land mammals may take a little more time for the average curious you-tube viewer to stomach.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Raulik

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 02:30:42 am »
Raw is good, but if it's Pacific salmon, very good chance that eventually you'll get parasites, small stomach worms, and larger tapeworms.  The smaller stomach ones eventually die, but can cause ulcerative inflammative conditions over time.   I've had a couple hour long telephone conversations with a Ph.D. Parasitologist who has studied parasites from the Pacific area.  Atlantic Salmon don't carry the same risk, nor frozen fish, but can't stand raw fish after been frozen.   You can actually see the smaller stomach attaching worms if you look carefully in fresh Salmon.

So I dont understand if I swallow some tapeworms what gonna happen to me?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 05:36:13 am »
I don't completely understand their life cycle.   Tape worms usually have segments that break off and somehow multiply.   Just know that humans can pick up the tapeworm that lives in Pac. salmon.  They can grow to 30 feet.  Now maybe some would say that those who harbored tapeworms from fish only got them because they ate a standard diet,, but I don't care to take the chance, just like I wouldn't eat a liver with liver flukes eating their way through it.

Offline Raulik

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 06:05:50 am »
I don't completely understand their life cycle.   Tape worms usually have segments that break off and somehow multiply.   Just know that humans can pick up the tapeworm that lives in Pac. salmon.  They can grow to 30 feet.  Now maybe some would say that those who harbored tapeworms from fish only got them because they ate a standard diet,, but I don't care to take the chance, just like I wouldn't eat a liver with liver flukes eating their way through it.

Growing 30 feet insidd my intestines..

This is exactly the fear I had of eating all raw..

I thought they wete harmless.. now u say ill have a 30feet wormd in me

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2018, 01:20:39 am »
Ive had some weird symptoms many years ago when on a fish binge, but because I ate a lot of different varieties like salmon, sardines, mackerel, and various sushi dishes along with experimenting with drinking milk its difficult to know what the cause was. For about 3 week, I would have some light spasms in my gut. It wasn't painful, the only symptom was a light quivering spasm a few times a day, an involuntary sensation of something out of the ordinary. The symptoms went away and I had a similar episode a couple of years later but much milder and it went away on its own as well.

I often wonder if such symptoms are from periodic worm exposures that come and go on their own without leading to any real long term issue.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk