Author Topic: Zero carb is not healthy eat some fruits / cooked strach  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Raulik

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Zero carb is not healthy eat some fruits / cooked strach
« on: August 22, 2018, 04:34:59 am »
Zero carb puts the adrenals into overworking..  and you just cant properly relax.

I thinm having some fresh crunchy bread is very much lowering the stress hormones.

What if you combine nutritious rpd foods and some cooked starch some rice here and there some bread some fruit.

But mostly meat. How would it be?

I noticed I sleep best and deep when eating raw meat.. if i dont eat it i dont sleep best.. but also on only meat I feel stress hormones high.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Zero carb is not healthy eat some fruits / cooked strach
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 07:24:56 am »
most likely you're not eating balanced amounts of fat. and or too much protein which is converted to sugar.

Offline XXX

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 07:43:13 am »
I was having problems making zerocarb work, up about until a month ago, about which I already made a post. What I have found out was that I was not eating enough. I switched to another source and I enjoy the meat I eat now. I think because I was eating meat I didn`t enjoy before, I was thinking I was full when actually I could and should have eaten more. Now that I enjoy my meat, I eat a lot more, until I feel like Im done. Im satisfied all the time and feel relaxed whereas before I had a feeling like what I was doing was somehow stressfull on my body and something was missing. I suspect now, that it might have been undereating. I was eating 1 kg of fatty meat a day and thinking it was alot. Now I am eating over 1.5kg and could easily eat 2kg but can`t really afford that atm.
I think another issue is that some people are scared of protein and we have these numbers in our heads... It can be frustrating to forget about the numbers and really follow your hunger signals. 1kg of meat sounds a lot, but I think when you are eating zerocarb, then it is probably not enough even for most females. If you are 175 pounds guy with an active lifestyle you probably need at least 2 kgs. Im a dancer but I haven`t been doing much recently because I know what Im eating now wouldn`t be enough to support that. Even now without any exercise or physical work, I feel like I could eat more so..
I think I saw sabertooth write somewhere that when he makes a freshkill he will gorge on a lot of meat and gain weight, but after a few days when the meat is not fresh anymore, he loses appetite. I wonder if he could eat fresh kills all the time, then maybe his appetite wouldn`t go down and he wouldn`t feel like he needs the plants? What I have experienced is that when you eat the meat you like, your appetite for it only grows with every meal and cravings for other stuff only decrease...
Ofcourse I have been doing this for a very short time, so any conclusions would be unreliable. In a few months maybe I can give better, more reliable feedback.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 11:41:25 am »
Seek out and find the best sources of the freshest and purest animals, the majority of my struggles early into the diet was mostly related to the difficulty and expense of obtaining enough quality meat to sustain an active lifestyle. Finding a steady fat source in pasture raised sheep was a real life saver.

There were times when I would rather go without than eat bad tasting meat, so in desperate times I would use calorie restriction for short periods and would lose a few pounds here and there, but I would always gain it back with the next fresh fat kill.

Ive maintained a weight around 170 pounds for the first 7 years on the diet, but recently over the last year it been closer to around 185. My financial situation has stabilized and no longer have to work myself to death. Though I am not entirely food secure, things have been much better overall than they were when I was starting out.

For the last three months Ive been eating good on shetland Rams. They are much smaller than the other breeds, and so I will go through a full grown animal within three weeks. I have been living off of more fresh meat than usual. After exhausting the older animals from this farm, I have four young rams left to go that are much smaller and so I will be going through one about every two weeks. Just butchered one the other day and although he was small,he was really good and had just the right amount of fat...The next two months I will have a diet of extremely fresh flesh and blood.

It does seem that as long as I have fresh organs and blood there is little need for very many supplemental vegetable carbs, though I still consume a moderate amount of coconut butter and the occasional small salad...when on such a fresh kill binge total daily carb intake rarely exceeds 30g pre day.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline bplates

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 12:40:39 pm »
Seek out and find the best sources of the freshest and purest animals, the majority of my struggles early into the diet was mostly related to the difficulty and expense of obtaining enough quality meat to sustain an active lifestyle. Finding a steady fat source in pasture raised sheep was a real life saver.

There were times when I would rather go without than eat bad tasting meat, so in desperate times I would use calorie restriction for short periods and would lose a few pounds here and there, but I would always gain it back with the next fresh fat kill.

Ive maintained a weight around 170 pounds for the first 7 years on the diet, but recently over the last year it been closer to around 185. My financial situation has stabilized and no longer have to work myself to death. Though I am not entirely food secure, things have been much better overall than they were when I was starting out.

For the last three months Ive been eating good on shetland Rams. They are much smaller than the other breeds, and so I will go through a full grown animal within three weeks. I have been living off of more fresh meat than usual. After exhausting the older animals from this farm, I have four young rams left to go that are much smaller and so I will be going through one about every two weeks. Just butchered one the other day and although he was small,he was really good and had just the right amount of fat...The next two months I will have a diet of extremely fresh flesh and blood.

It does seem that as long as I have fresh organs and blood there is little need for very many supplemental vegetable carbs, though I still consume a moderate amount of coconut butter and the occasional small salad...when on such a fresh kill binge total daily carb intake rarely exceeds 30g pre day.

How long does the meat stay fresh in a cold fridge if freshly slaughtered? Also, how do you usually process your animals? From cutting to packaging. Like how would you usually eat the animal, all raw?

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 07:09:13 am »
... After exhausting the older animals from this farm, I have four young rams left to go

How old were those animals?

I can get 6 to 7 years old mother sheep (grass fed) very cheap. But their meat seems to be tougher. Is it ok?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk