Author Topic: Unsalted Raw Cheese in Uk  (Read 25435 times)

Offline supajohnboy

• Forager
    • View Profile
Unsalted Raw Cheese in Uk
« on: October 05, 2018, 11:15:49 pm »
I cannot find unsalted raw cheese anywhere in the Uk. Neal's yard no longer produces unsalted raw cheese. Does anyone have any intel regarding sourcing raw unsalted cheese?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Unsalted Raw Cheese in Uk
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 11:42:31 pm »
I know. Years ago, when I first went RVAF and had not gotten out of the initial raw-dairy phase, I used to go to Neal's Yard and the man there. once actually complained when I specifically asked for unsalted raw cheeses. At the time, something like 60-70% were salted. All I can think of is to google online and phone lots of raw dairy selling farms to see which ones would be willing to deliver unsalted raw cheeses to your door. If you are rural and have a car, it's even easier to just visit the relevant farm once a month or so and collect the raw cheeses. Other than that, the LFM farmers' markets had a great reputation vs the customers when I was still in the UK in 2010.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline supajohnboy

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 12:20:27 am »
Thanks for the info. I wouldn't succeed on this diet without raw dairy. I've tried a few raw cheese producers but none are willing to make it just for me. I live in Somerset and have been to a few local farmers markets but none of the raw cheese producers are willing to make it. One even went so far as to say it's impossible to make a hard tasty raw cheese without salt. I was hoping someone had a source, I'm happy to order from Europe too. More research required.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 12:26:52 am »
I have been told nonsense before by farmers about the impossibility of providing something or other. I always found out in the end that they were lying through their teeth. Salt only prolongs the lifespan of the cheese, nothing more. Just keep on looking online and phoning etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hunter84

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 02:07:04 am »
I have the same problem.  Can’t find raw unsalted cheese in the uk.  Apparently you can make kefir cheese but not tried it myself

Offline On a Quest, you want in?

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 08:34:27 pm »
I have been told nonsense before by farmers about the impossibility of providing something or other. I always found out in the end that they were lying through their teeth. Salt only prolongs the lifespan of the cheese, nothing more. Just keep on looking online and phoning etc.

Tyler you seem to have tried alot of things. I recently have had conversations with NYD and others, they all pull a funny face when I mention salt free. I've been salt free for 5 years , obvs when out socially I get the salt hit, which I always regret and of late will start asking to not put salt in my food. I respect your hate for dairy. I'm coming to think dairy as a survival food maybe like the pemmican. Maybe eating cheese and crackers/bread makes sense historically with a enzyme active chuctney or honey for digestion. What do you think ?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 10:16:31 pm »
Your choice, but many people feel bad after consuming raw dairy, even those without specific allergies/food-intolerance to it. There are other issues such as excess calcium, excess hormones etc:- 
http://www.4.waisays.com/ExcessiveCalcium.htm
" Ron Paul.

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 10:51:23 pm »
Your choice, but many people feel bad after consuming raw dairy, even those without specific allergies/food-intolerance to it. There are other issues such as excess calcium, excess hormones etc:- 
http://www.4.waisays.com/ExcessiveCalcium.htm

Yes I guess this, excess in anything is generally seen as bad. If excess calcium is gained what can you do to utilise it in a healthful way?

Offline Sol^Sa

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2019, 02:58:26 am »
Probably up your phosphorus/Magnesium intake for example through meat, leafy greens. ca/ph should be 2:1 afaik ca/mg too. One funny thing I noticed is that many processed foods contain phosphates especially processed meats, meaning they deplete your calcium actually, meaning First blood ca prolly and then bone dissolving. So a lot of people could probably have the opposite of this, a calcium deficiency. You need a lot of different nutrients and factors to properly absorb Minerals especially calcium so the Calcium itself actually might be Not the problem. The constipation might be a result of malabsorption. One of the things that ruined my gut was Döner and coke after at work, coke being a high phosphate toxin and there Videos of coke dissolving stuff actually. Besides the plant oils. I don't know If I will ever jump on the dairy hate bandwaggon because I don't digest raw meats/fats either. So ist makes me conclude that raw meats simply are less problematic moving through the bowels in their own. It doesn't mean dairy is the cause of negative health effects. I am open to the possibility though. I Had Mixed results with dairy worst is pasteurized stuff even A2 pasteurized milk. I do best in sheeps/goat dairy. I do think also that cheese is the worst dairy you can consume If you have digestive issues. I think Milk should be eaten as is, fresh. Giving it an adaptation time of maximum one month. Carnivore/paleo dieters claim the need of an adaptation for their diet too. Even Last year consuming 3-5 litres of grass-fed raw milk, unfermented, as is for a month actually improved my health issues. I sadly don't have access to it anymore, money or time. Milk can be a powerful tool if you know how utilize it properly most people don't so they give up on it which is smart I guess.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 03:14:03 am by Sol^Sa »

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2019, 04:36:04 am »
Probably up your phosphorus/Magnesium intake for example through meat, leafy greens. ca/ph should be 2:1 afaik ca/mg too. One funny thing I noticed is that many processed foods contain phosphates especially processed meats, meaning they deplete your calcium actually, meaning First blood ca prolly and then bone dissolving. So a lot of people could probably have the opposite of this, a calcium deficiency. You need a lot of different nutrients and factors to properly absorb Minerals especially calcium so the Calcium itself actually might be Not the problem. The constipation might be a result of malabsorption. One of the things that ruined my gut was Döner and coke after at work, coke being a high phosphate toxin and there Videos of coke dissolving stuff actually. Besides the plant oils. I don't know If I will ever jump on the dairy hate bandwaggon because I don't digest raw meats/fats either. So ist makes me conclude that raw meats simply are less problematic moving through the bowels in their own. It doesn't mean dairy is the cause of negative health effects. I am open to the possibility though. I Had Mixed results with dairy worst is pasteurized stuff even A2 pasteurized milk. I do best in sheeps/goat dairy. I do think also that cheese is the worst dairy you can consume If you have digestive issues. I think Milk should be eaten as is, fresh. Giving it an adaptation time of maximum one month. Carnivore/paleo dieters claim the need of an adaptation for their diet too. Even Last year consuming 3-5 litres of grass-fed raw milk, unfermented, as is for a month actually improved my health issues. I sadly don't have access to it anymore, money or time. Milk can be a powerful tool if you know how utilize it properly most people don't so they give up on it which is smart I guess.

Thanks.i just thought that maybe if you are more active that what you have in excess will get used. I'm on my feet and walking all day probably do about 15-20'000 steps a day , I'll drink 500ml of milk and 400-800g of meat 50g of butter and a teaspoon of honey a day and maybe a milkshake every 1-2 days then during the week when I fancy it I'll have some fruits or veg fruits maybe a Av veg juice some eggs and yogurt , then cooked food at the weekend .

Offline Sol^Sa

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2019, 05:01:05 am »
No Problem. I personally drank a glass of carrot juice with my dairy it appealed to me and did me good. There some sumb comments below the video saying "don't eat vinegar either then". The reasons why coke and vinegar dissolve Things might be different. Am not a chemist but I would guess it is the phosphate and other stuff Like carbonic acid in the coke Binding to the calcium and dissolving it. Some people Like Frank Tufano are what you could call calcium-paranoid. He Always Talks about K2, D3 etc. and how Nobody should eat/Supplement calcium. Osteo/Geophagy is a thing for a reason. Maybe I am wrong but I do think these phosphates deplete calcium.

https://youtu.be/2OR1g9-9L3I
https://youtu.be/LGnBNKxAhi8
https://youtu.be/BcbuFDMPQ2I
https://youtu.be/oeA3IAVULZc

Hyperphosphatemia has been identified as one of the most predictive mortality predictors in advanced renal failure over the past decade.  In this collective (stage CKD 5), for example, with an annual mortality of about one-fifth, no less than 12% of deaths were attributed to the presence of elevated serum phosphate.  Recently, it has also been documented for the normal population that a high risk of mortality can already be predicted independently of high serum phosphate concentrations in serum.  In this context, phosphate additives in foods play a potentially crucial role, but they are probably underestimated in their importance to health

The natural supply of phosphate in the form of organic esters need not be significantly reduced, as this phosphate is only partially absorbed and its limited intake could lead to protein malnutrition.  On the other hand, free phosphate as a food additive is effectively absorbed and causes a significantly measurable increase in phosphate serum levels in patients with advanced renal insufficiency.  Foods with phosphate additives are consumed mainly in socially weaker populations (increased consumption of fast food).  Pathophysiologically, phosphate primarily causes vascular damage such as endothelial dysfunction and calcification.  Regardless of the phosphate quality to be considered, the daily phosphate intake should not exceed 1 000 mg per day in patients with advanced kidney failure according to guidelines.

Recent studies also show that the association between high serum phosphate levels and survival is not limited to kidney patients, but is also found in patients with cardiovascular disease and even in the general population.  High normal serum phosphate levels are already associated with the onset of coronary calcification in young healthy men (6), and high normal serum phosphate levels were a predictor of cardiovascular events in the Framingham study (7).  Increased mortality was seen in the upper normal range, especially in patients with kidney cardiac disease with serum phosphate levels (8) (Figure 1).  In this study, 4,127 participants had 375 deaths within 60 months, with the adjusted mortality risk per 1 mg / dL higher serum phosphate being 22%.

https://www.aerzteblatt.de/archiv/119315/Gesundheitsrisiko-durch-Phosphatzusaetze-in-Nahrungsmitteln
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 05:56:44 am by Sol^Sa »

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2019, 05:18:53 pm »

how do u  utilize milk properly?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline Sol^Sa

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2019, 05:59:04 pm »
how do u  utilize milk properly?

Is that sarcasm? Depends on. What is your specific condition/ailment? First of all you will need 100% pastured only grass or at least hay fed milk without any antibiotics and stuff. Also probably better if the farmer doesn't use chemicals to "desinfect" the cows/machines. You probably need to pasteurize low-quality milk because it indeed makes you feel worse. For example I once drank grain-fed raw milk the next day I woke up I felt like I am in hell again, like everything is working against me, deepest depression out of hell. And few hours later in the morning tears came out of my eyes for hours basically I was dysfunctional, detoxing the milk maybe. I had "no real reason" to be in a bad mood at least no psychological. I also read/heard that A1 cows milk turns to A2 over time if the cows graze on pasture for a long time. If you only have low-quality cows milk available I would highly recommend goats or sheeps milk which indeed is easier on the stomach from my experience. I would advise against eating cheese. Personal experience has shown me that it doesn't support healing/digestion, still goat/sheeps cheese was better. I would also not recommend eating meat/fish raw or cooked with the milk. Everyone might have different nutritional status/needs am not sure on that though. You could start out with drinking milk alone I would recommend going a month on milk alone. If you get constipated and it doesn't resolve over time on it's own I would suggest eating low sugar fruits and maybe easy to digest plants. For example cucumbers, tomatoes. You could also try carrot juice. I have found drinking carrot juice gets the bowels moving even though I don't drink dairy right now, can't afford. I think it is better if you ask me the questions if you have problems with milk and tell me what your current diet is and I will answer it individually I can't do a faq here it would take too long. It is just my opinion I might be wrong but I have tried almost everything out there nutritionally my only problem is that currently I don't have time and ressources. I went through a lot especially the last couple of years. No support from doctors, family, friends, lovers at the end of the day people are selfish that's how the game works. I have also to say my health was perfect last year I was lean and shredded needed only 4 hours of sleep was making a lot of money. Thought I was invincible and too generous to people, good intentions lead to hell I guess. Started indulging in some alcohol, pizza, bread and stuff and that ruined my health all over again, I thought I was "healed" and can go back to eating like everybody does. But in my opinion people eating "normally" actually feel at least some of them as crappy as we do but they are just "used" to it. Most of them might not have the hadcore digestive issues but still. They are going to hell simply more slowly.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 09:22:00 pm by Sol^Sa »

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2019, 06:15:04 am »
Is that sarcasm? Depends on. What is your specific condition/ailment? First of all you will need 100% pastured only grass or at least hay fed milk without any antibiotics and stuff. Also probably better if the farmer doesn't use chemicals to "desinfect" the cows/machines. You probably need to pasteurize low-quality milk because it indeed makes you feel worse. For example I once drank grain-fed raw milk the next day I woke up I felt like I am in hell again, like everything is working against me, deepest depression out of hell. And few hours later in the morning tears came out of my eyes for hours basically I was dysfunctional, detoxing the milk maybe. I had "no real reason" to be in a bad mood at least no psychological. I also read/heard that A1 cows milk turns to A2 over time if the cows graze on pasture for a long time. If you only have low-quality cows milk available I would highly recommend goats or sheeps milk which indeed is easier on the stomach from my experience. I would advise against eating cheese. Personal experience has shown me that it doesn't support healing/digestion, still goat/sheeps cheese was better. I would also not recommend eating meat/fish raw or cooked with the milk. Everyone might have different nutritional status/needs am not sure on that though. You could start out with drinking milk alone I would recommend going a month on milk alone. If you get constipated and it doesn't resolve over time on it's own I would suggest eating low sugar fruits and maybe easy to digest plants. For example cucumbers, tomatoes. You could also try carrot juice. I have found drinking carrot juice gets the bowels moving even though I don't drink dairy right now, can't afford. I think it is better if you ask me the questions if you have problems with milk and tell me what your current diet is and I will answer it individually I can't do a faq here it would take too long. It is just my opinion I might be wrong but I have tried almost everything out there nutritionally my only problem is that currently I don't have time and ressources. I went through a lot especially the last couple of years. No support from doctors, family, friends, lovers at the end of the day people are selfish that's how the game works. I have also to say my health was perfect last year I was lean and shredded needed only 4 hours of sleep was making a lot of money. Thought I was invincible and too generous to people, good intentions lead to hell I guess. Started indulging in some alcohol, pizza, bread and stuff and that ruined my health all over again, I thought I was "healed" and can go back to eating like everybody does. But in my opinion people eating "normally" actually feel at least some of them as crappy as we do but they are just "used" to it. Most of them might not have the hadcore digestive issues but still. They are going to hell simply more slowly.

Have you ever tried the raw unsalted cheese every hour as AV prescribed? Also people that eat the "normal culture" food and alcohol and seem normal may actaully be in overdrive, consider the rapid aging, the disease and mental health issues at the age of 50

Offline Sol^Sa

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2019, 04:21:17 pm »
I didn't do it every hour don't know how it would make any difference I might try it in the future though. AV suggestions without any explanation that makes sense to me I don't attempt anymore. I experimented a lot with cheese though and it doesn't digest at all it either goes through me undigested or it constipates me undigested. The raw part, don't know if that makes any difference at least it doesn't when it comes to constipation and digestibility from my experience. The unsalted part definitely makes a difference, the high amount of salt makes you thirsty. And that's not because you "should" hydrate or drink more water it's simply because eating salt makes you drink more water. I assume because salt attracts water if you wouldn't drink water the salt would dry you out probably, damage tissues. I am not sure if salt is healthy or not but I noticed it raises my blood pressure instantly so I currently do not consume it, it also stresses the kidneys.

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 08:54:59 pm »
I didn't do it every hour don't know how it would make any difference I might try it in the future though. AV suggestions without any explanation that makes sense to me I don't attempt anymore. I experimented a lot with cheese though and it doesn't digest at all it either goes through me undigested or it constipates me undigested. The raw part, don't know if that makes any difference at least it doesn't when it comes to constipation and digestibility from my experience. The unsalted part definitely makes a difference, the high amount of salt makes you thirsty. And that's not because you "should" hydrate or drink more water it's simply because eating salt makes you drink more water. I assume because salt attracts water if you wouldn't drink water the salt would dry you out probably, damage tissues. I am not sure if salt is healthy or not but I noticed it raises my blood pressure instantly so I currently do not consume it, it also stresses the kidneys. I am not blaming the cheese though it's my digestion that's impaired I was able to digest it in the past with no problems cooked or not. Impaired digestion is in my opinion a symptom if you are symptom free on a raw meat diet it could simply mean you are eating less problematic food. It doesn't mean that food that requires more complex digestion is unhealthy like some dairy. The underlying issues need to be addressed and that's what I am trying to do.

"Charcoal binds to poison in the gastrointestinal tract and stops it from being absorbed into the bloodstream. The toxins are then passed out of the body in the stool. ... Activated charcoal can bind with some medications, including some antidepressants and anti-inflammatory medications, causing them to be less effective"
The idea behind the cheese is this, except instead of eating burnt coconut shells , you eat dehydrated milk that you cannot digest. Makes sense to me tbh.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2019, 04:59:00 pm »
"Charcoal binds to poison in the gastrointestinal tract and stops it from being absorbed into the bloodstream. The toxins are then passed out of the body in the stool. ... Activated charcoal can bind with some medications, including some antidepressants and anti-inflammatory medications, causing them to be less effective"
The idea behind the cheese is this, except instead of eating burnt coconut shells , you eat dehydrated milk that you cannot digest. Makes sense to me tbh.

so why not use charcoal instead of cheese, it is available and cheap and effective
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2019, 05:23:46 am »
Good point. Dogs and cats will eat charcoal. But let's be honest, why would you not just eat the cheese though. I think the clay is meant to be a better absorber than charcoal anyway and charcoal is a good filter for household water

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk