Author Topic: Aged beef  (Read 3816 times)

Offline Widukind

• Forager
    • View Profile
Aged beef
« on: October 13, 2018, 02:00:38 pm »
I have a question. When it comes to aged meats, are they usually safe to eat raw? I found a great butcher who carries grass-fed meat, but all of the beef is aged a minimum of 20-30 days. I did eat some raw to test and it didn’t bother me, so...

What’s the consensus on this?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Aged beef
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 02:06:10 pm »
Perfectly safe.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Widukind

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 02:14:53 pm »
Thank you.
Can the same be said about other meats besides beef?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 02:28:34 pm »
Thank you.
Can the same be said about other meats besides beef?
Obviously. Look, we RVAFers have been eating raw aged meats for years and never had issues. It's recommended to eat aged raw meat in the morning because the boost to the brain may stop one from going to sleep due to being so wired with energy, but that's all. I will admit that most RVAFers do not eat aged raw meat from intensively-farmed animals, only high quality stuff.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Widukind

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 04:13:58 pm »
I just want to confirm things is all. I’ve not eaten any meat, besides beef and lamb, raw. After years of being told that meat such as pork and chicken must be fully cooked, I’m sure you can understand why someone wants to be certain of what they’re doing. I’m very busy and can’t spend tons of time digging for reliable information, so I came here because the reputations of some posters precedes them.

I appreciate your insight.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 04:21:31 pm by Widukind »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 06:30:47 pm »
Sorry if I sounded abrupt, but, due to scientific bias, there are very few scientific studies backing raw meat diets(though there are many studies showing how harmful and unhealthy cooked diets are), so most of us have to just wade in and experiment for ourselves to see what works. It took me a good 3 years before I was willing to try genuine "high-meat" as I still believed then in the media-driven nonsense re aged, raw meat consumption always ending in death/food-poisoning etc.

Here is a bit of info:- https://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/index.php?topic=12537.0

https://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/index.php?topic=316.0

" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 10:10:37 pm »
I'd throw in, in spite of examples by AV, that raw chicken and pork are inferior meats due to the diet of Most chickens and pigs.   Best to 'learn' on beef and lamb which have been grass finished.  enjoy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk