Author Topic: migraines caused by high carb?  (Read 26823 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: migraines caused by high carb?
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2009, 10:48:53 pm »
The problem seems to be what is the definition of aging. All those biomarkers you mention re insulin etc. are generally described by many  scientists NOT as symptoms of aging but actually as symptoms of impending mortality, which is quite a different thing(this is in relation to genetic so-called rapid-aging diseases like progeria etc.)

Re IF:- We already have a relevant example such as the Kitavans who ate 69% carbs as part of their diet, yet enjoyed the same level of health as the Inuit. Plus, the few studies that I've ever heard of from wikipedia etc.)which deal with IF always deal with SAD-eaters, and they show beneficial results therefrom, even if no calories are restricted.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 07:14:16 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2009, 09:23:12 am »
IF naturally causes a reduction calories which improves health (Primitives also ate less calories overall, hence able to tolerate different macro nutrient make up).
Fasting can lower metabolism with theoretically makes one able to reduce calories and receive benefits but maintain more body weight then eating frequently.

Only one study (the mattson study) has controlled caloric intake for IFers on high carb diets, the very small amount of others (there is one study on islamics during ramadan) are too arbitrary.

I believe the actual fasting improves health but the meal that breaks the fast is just as important. An insanely high amount of glucose ingested at once can not be handled by the body and is counterproductive to any benefits received, and so low carb energy/nutrient dense food (meat) works best.

Also i remember doing intermittent fasting on a 'healthy' diet of raw vegetables, steamed vegetables, fresh meat and wholegrains and it just didn't work. My digestion was horrible, flatulence was insane, horrible stomach cramps. From my experience definitely can not mix carbs and protein.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2009, 07:19:08 pm »
While I myself would agree with you up to a point(my own experience was that it was also much easier to do IF on low-carb due to fewer hunger-pangs, though I didn't have the other symptoms you had when i tried high-carb IF), I was surprised, many months ago,  to find numerous people on the fasting yahoo group(dealing with intermittent fasting, not fasting , as such as a subject) who were passionate high-carbers(mostly vegetarian) who claimed they had no such negative issues  while doing IF and who didn't have the constant hunger-pangs I had on high-carb IFing. Of course, I suppose there are so many other factors involved such as each person's meatbolic rate/health-condition etc. which would influence the matter.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk