Author Topic: Medicinal Mushrooms/Fungi, not Magic Mushrooms  (Read 3191 times)

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
Medicinal Mushrooms/Fungi, not Magic Mushrooms
« on: October 20, 2018, 03:42:31 am »
I recently watched this Joe Rogan interview with the mushroom/fungi expert Paul Stamets and it blew my mind. Mycelium is truly fascinating and seems to have it´s own intelligence. I highly recommend watching or listening to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPqWstVnRjQ

So, since fungi are closer related to humans and animals, rather than plants, I am considering to implement some non-china grown mushrooms to accelerate healing. And I am not talking about Magic Mushrooms. Specifically I am looking at Mushrooms that have no or little Agaritine or Hydrazine content. I am thinking of Lions Mane, Reishi and Shitake, Turkey Tail and Enoki. I am not sure about chanterelle, oyster, morel.

Does anybody have experience with any these type of mushrooms, or any other, and did any of them help to accelerate the healing process?

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Medicinal Mushrooms/Fungi, not Magic Mushrooms
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 12:24:46 am »
I used to use them quite a bit. I would hardly put them in the same category as meat. You can live off meat and be quite healthy. I doubt you could do the same with mushrooms. Actually I think they would make you quite sick; but then that's just my own anecdotal opinion.

Just googled this:
t’s an interesting question, but no. I don’t believe this is possible. Fungi, as has been pointed out, tend not to contain much in the way of fats. Likely, they contain insufficient quantities of vital nutrients like vitamin C as well. Now, if you branched out from mushrooms into yeasts and other microflora, you could probably genetically engineer them to produce almost anything you needed.

But vegan diets, by absolute necessity, already contain yeasts and fungi. Humans cannot survive on a vegan diet that includes only fruits and plants (much less one that includes only fruits). People who adopt such diets will quickly fall prey to deficiency diseases. Vitamin B-12 is found only in animal products, fungi, and microflora.

Interestingly, humans have no problem whatsoever thriving on a purely carnivorous diet which includes whole animals, some of it raw. We can get total nutrition purely from animals.

https://www.quora.com/Can-a-human-live-on-mushrooms-alone
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 12:37:59 am by surfsteve »

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 12:27:43 am »
Which type of mushrooms did you use?

Offline PaganGoy

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 05:59:46 am »
I also want to try lions mane, I am going to buy some spores to grow for myself to try to help with nerves.
I had some oyster mushrooms yesterday mixed in with olive oil, high egg, cream, honey and some blended young coconut flesh/coconut water and cubed meat.
You have to moisten the mushrooms to activate the enzymes better in my opinion unless you pick them fresh yourself.
Mushrooms are very calming.
you have to cook morrel.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk