Author Topic: Lean Times  (Read 12903 times)

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
Re: Lean Times
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2016, 06:57:13 am »
I got Slankers once, Sabertooth, around three or four years ago, delivered to me outside of Texas. It was good, but I just like getting meat in person. Well, I get e-mail from Slankers, and I have a code good till the twenty-first of this month to put on your order with them. It's WECARE. It's for $10.00 off an order of $150.00.
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2016, 09:55:58 am »
Just got back from Arizona, where I loaded up on Jojoba Beef fat and organs. 50 pounds fat and suet, 25 pounds ground, 20 pounds fatty cuts, 20 pounds liver, 5 whole kidneys, 5 sweet breads.....around $900 worth total.....that along with the occasional Local Mutton should see me through the winter.

The Rancher is bringing in some bulls, in the spring and I will go back. He has promised to save me around 10 gallons of blood....my only real let down was when I got there he had only one marrow bone to offer me(which was the best ever)

When I was at the market the sold out of marrow bones right away, and had people asking left and right..the rancher was selling them for 13 dollars a shank and said he could easily get 20.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:14:22 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Grey-Cup

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2018, 01:36:46 am »
What about the Jojoba marrow bone made it the best ever? Do you still travel to buy this beef? I am visiting Arizona and planning to buy some of this beef as well, curious how you feel about it now?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2018, 03:10:40 am »
Its hit or miss on quality..... the first and second time I went it was really good, but the last time the animal wasn't as good, so I quit going and have been doing ok with sourcing local Mutton.

If you are already there in Arizona then its worth checking out, because its still much better than most of the other stuff on the market.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Grey-Cup

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2018, 07:25:24 pm »
Thanks Sabretooth. I will be there in November and have made arrangements to buy, will let you know how it is!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk