Author Topic: Vegan couple jailed for harm done to daughter  (Read 2964 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Vegan couple jailed for harm done to daughter
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 02:29:22 am »
It's better they waited for the diet to play out(however unfortunately) instead of intervening before the kids became ill. Doesn't leave any room for vegans to claim "the diet was working and you're oppressing us."

The government should not enforce dietary standards on people. If the establishment gave itself the liberty of dictating what we eat and feed our children, we'd all be on a plant based diet anyway. I'd rather allow vegan families to perish by their own foolishness, and be punished for bad results, than allow the government to enforce meat and milk limitations. Which is what they'd probably do, realistically speaking.

Offline thehadezb

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 04:40:22 am »
Feel sorry for those kids but we can't do anything. Hope their parents become more skeptical about their diet and avoid raising their child that way.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 07:06:03 am »
Actup, quite correct. Giving the government more control over peoples' diets would simply lead to the big corporations  supplying us with the main food groups which are easily and cheaply produced, such as bread and dairy and rice and soy and so on. RVAF diets would be one of the first to be banned, given hysteria re bacteria and parasites.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 01:45:30 pm »
TD, absolutely

thehadezb, there’s one thing we can do. Point out the cause and effect to anyone who might be on the fence.

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 07:32:17 pm »
Rickets was before very common in China, Japan and countries around. A big percentage had deformed and short legs, and were very short in general. People say it's genetic.... I'm not so sure. I see now the new generation become taller and with a good "bone built" body and good legs.
Tofu, soy were a famine food, not really because they wanted it, but because many of these countries were going through hard times, wars, dictators etc... Too much rice/grains and soy and very little or no meat, generation after generation made their body bone structure deformed.
Actually the biggest harm to vegan children is a slower development of brain/mind, there have been more than one example of this.
This child could maybe start to grow normally again, but she will have a bit less chances to develop as others, as harm´s already been done.
Another thing that people don't realise, is that the food habits of both the parents, before the birth, has an impact on the foetus and the child later.
A child that had parents eating lots of meat, and having lots of nourishing foods during the early years, but then going vegan in her/his teens can seem to do very well for many years. The body has amazing reserves, and many vegans are often people coming form a background were parents ate lots of animal fats and proteins.

Offline dair

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 07:40:03 pm »
During the industrial revolution in the Uk, the working class was fed extremely poor food, lots of sugar and tea (takes away hunger feeling and makes you work hard, sugar is a fuel - durian rider is right in that way), lots of bread, sometimes meat but not a lot. Basically it was sugar and tea and bread.
After some generation(s), the difference of body height between the lower working classes and the middle/higher classer was at least one inch or more.

Offline madnomad

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 10:13:36 pm »
And the only way they could get enough people into the factories during the Industrial revolution was to starve them and enclose the commons and outlaw self-sufficiency (many deported to Australia for insignificant offences brought into law with enclosure and the game laws) in order that smallholders and peasants could no longer hunt and homestead reducing their ability to feed themselves and their families and produce their own milk and meat. A good read regarding this is : "The Invention of Capitalism" by Michael Perelman.

Interesting how slavery and the vegan/grain diet seem to go hand in hand.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk