Raw Paleo Diet to Suit You > Carnivorous / Zero Carb Approach

How much iodine for a carnivore?

(1/5) > >>

thehadezb:
Hi guys,
The thing is that I really don't enjoy eating raw seafood. Everything taste much "fishy". I thinking in just buying the minimum amount of seafood to cover my weekly idione requirements.
So, here are my questions:
How much iodine do I need to consume in a day to cover my weekly requirements?
What are my best options? I want to consume the least amount of seafood possible for the maximum amount of iodine.
I want to avoid algae and supplements. I go for real food. I'm gaining weight and feel very cold when taking showers, so I think I need to up my thyroid.

Grey-Cup:
RDA for omnivorous diets to not apply to carnivores, you do not require any seafood to maintain health if eating raw/ruminants.

thehadezb:
I'm pretty sure of your first statement. But, the second one, it's probably biased. How do you support that idea? What is the mechanism in eating ruminants that can make you exclude seafood?

Grey-Cup:
I eat brain for fatty acids. Not all cultures developed with access to seafood or in coastal locations. For many, including myself, seafood is suboptimal for health. Paleomedicina carnivourous diet excludes seafood as well.

TylerDurden:
Everyone is different. I find I thrive best if I have raw seafood at at least 10% of my monthly diet, yet no more than c.75%.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version