Other Raw-Animal-Food Diets (eg:- Primal Diet/Raw Version of Weston-Price Diet etc.) > Primal Diet

Hydration mineral water versus veg juices

(1/8) > >>

Gatsuri:
Hi,

I can follow AV a bit on what he says on water, when I drink mineral water it does not fully satisfy thirst and thirst quickly returns.. when I eat some raw yolks with honey for example it hydrates much better.

My question is if the vegetable juices (cucumber, celery, zucchini, etc.) AV recommends satisfy your thirst better than mineral water ? I have not been able to try the vegetable juices yet.

PaganGoy:
yes cucumber and tomatoe are the best and blood is even better.

Gatsuri:
Definitely going to try it when I get some kind of mixer/ juicer, any nightshade issues with the tomato ? I see AV recommends it a lot in his book

madnomad:
Vegetable juices are one of the recommendations of Aajonus that I don't follow, it's simply too much hassle and cost to juice veggies all the time for hydration in my opinion. What I do is drink whole eggs (white and yolk- up to a dozen a day when I have enough), and sometimes raw whey when available but more usually lemon with water, or fruits like pineapple/avocado/banana mashed in a bowl with some water and drink that. I've found I use very little water on a RPD, especially when I have sufficient raw eggs.

TylerDurden:
Raw veggie juice is recommended against by RVAFers, generally. Many RVAFers have complained of nutritional deficiencies after consuming raw veggie juice too often. It is said that more than 1 pint of raw veggie juice a day is a real no-no. The idea is that juicing raw vegetables not only breaks up the cell-walls of the plant , releasing lots more nutrients, but it also leads to the release of a lot more antinutrients  as well, resulting in awful health-problems if one overdoes the veggie-juice consumption in the long-term. I recently purchased a single auger juicer after confirming that it was a lot easier to clean than other juicers(and cheap enough!), but I do not use it much. When I do, I use it mainly for juicing fruit and for the occasional herb like ginger or parsnip or radish. Technically not really palaeo, as juicing fruit involves too much of a sugar-rush and involved processing so is not genuinely 100% raw/unprocessed, but it means I can carry around the juice in a mineral water bottle when with other non-RVAFers. My  juicer is not centrifugal, so the juice apparently does not deteriorate as fast as such lesser juicers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version