Raw Paleo Diet Forums > General Discussion

I'm dreaming of a raw Christmas... Suggestions/recommendations welcome!

(1/1)

TylerDurden:
Well, folks, I always have to compromise at Christmas. I usually insist on eating the raw turkey raw, preferably grassfed, and also get hold of raw wild duck fillets as well. However, the stuffing is cooked. Anyone know of a raw stuffing recipe or a raw Christmas pudding recipe?

sabertooth:
Ive had to throw any sense of tradition out the window when adopting this diet..... just thinking about the kind of standardized gluttony which surrounded the family holiday dinners of my youth makes me feel SAD. Candied Ham, overcooked turkey, every form of gluten imaginable, sweet potatoes covered in marshmallows....and then there were the decadent deserts of pies, cakes, pudding...everyone went into a diabetic coma afterward, which was always blamed on the tryptophan in the turkey.

Thank God I no longer celebrate the birth of Jesus in such a heathenistic fashion

Sacrilegious tragedy aside...... Ive been working on some real rawsome treats that could be enjoyed anytime of the year, though my homemade puddings may be a little difficult for some to stomach....

The last sheep I butchered had a couple of fetuses.... so I took a little of the placenta, amniotic fluid and blended it with the mothers stomach and a piece of pancreas to top it off...It was surprisingly good, the amniotic fluid and placenta give the carnal holiday pudding a creamy, bloody and salty-sweet quality.

TylerDurden:
LOL!  ;D  Unfortunately I share Xmas dinners with non-RVAFers who are the type to get very scared around anyone who blatantly eats "high-meat" next to them, let alone foetuses/placenta and the like. Most people are far more narrow-minded than they would like to admit.

Hmm, sweet potatoes can be eaten raw, I gather....

Hmm, I've found some raw vegan nut etc. recipes for stuffing, along with raw eggs and raw liver they might work. The XMas pudding I'll leave for next year, but I think many of the ingredients can be served raw, such as sultanas or whatever...

SB, another question:- In the UK, I used to buy these vacuum-packed raw wild hare carcasses, which had at least 1 or 2 pints of raw wild blood within the package, not counting the blood within the carcass. In Austria, the carcasses are a bit bloody but have no extra blood within the plastic. How does one efficiently extract the blood from raw wild game so as to drink it in a glass? I have a blender,  but perhaps a proper food-processor might work? Thanks!

sabertooth:
Collecting blood from a carcass would depend a lot on how the animal was killed, and to the degree in which it has already been cleaned. I cut the throat and bleed out my sheep, so that there isn't a lot of blood left inside the carcass. When the sheep is pregnant the fetal blood will pool in the intestinal area and can be taken out with very little loss.

If an animal is shot by a hunter and dies without having any major artery bleed out, the the carcass will be full of clotting blood, that could be scooped out into a container. The liquid plasma will separate from the clots of blood cells, so you could have a portion that is  liquid. The clots can be blended up to a more liquid consistency to be used as a drink, but I usually just wolf down a chunky mouthful of the whole clot.

The best way to get blood is to be on sight when the animal is killed and either bleed it out yourself, or collected it from the abdominal area during the gutting( hopefully without rupturing the gut and ruining the party)

PaganGoy:
@saberooth
Sounds delicious holy shit

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version