Raw Paleo Diet Forums > Parenting

What are the ideal foods to introduce after lactation

(1/3) > >>

norawnofun:
Which should be the first foods to be introduced to babies/toddlers? I know they should be soft and mashed, but what types of foods should one give? What do the HG introduce first? Raw milk, cheese, Raw beef (ground)? Or should you start with mashed veggies, like sweet potatoes, potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini? Raw (obviously not sweet potatoes and potatoes) or cooked? Would raw meats be overkill since some bacteria might do more harm than good for a non-fully developed immune system?

TylerDurden:
 I only know what I was partially fed on, which was mashed carrots before full weaning. Unfortunately, pasteurised buffalo milk was apparently a (forced) staple  to a great extent after weaning. My recommendation would be to feed as much RVAF diet food, including raw ground meats right at the start, but only after weaning. Imo, HG tribes routinely breastfed their babies for a full 2 years after birth - while this was partially for contraceptive effect, it also helped boost the infant immune-system etc.  Also, another key aspect is that the baby already gets used to the taste of foods in the womb - if the pregnant mother already is eating cooked junk foods that won't help much. In my own case, I  was helped a bit by the fact that my mother often carelessly left out pieces of fresh, raw kidney which I would duly steal and swallow - plus my father had a preference for raw aged cheeses and raw oysters.

norawnofun:
I remember the HG 2 years breastfeeding advice from you and it makes sense. I think beef tartare would be a good start. I also read about the taste of the womb, I think that these preferences may apply for some time, but I donĀ“t think much into older age. It then depends on what you feed your child for the following years. I remember a poster on the carnivore fb forum saying that it was a tradition to eat raw beef balls in his family, and until this day he likes them. How does your father play a role? Did your mum eat aged cheeses and raw oysters when she was pregnant because of him? And as a consequence you liked them up until a certain age?

TylerDurden:

No, she did not feed on raw oysters or raw aged cheeses during pregnancy. Mostly, it was raw wild trout from Kashmiri lakes during that time, apparently. The point was that because my father recommended some raw animal foods during my childhood, I was better able to switch to RVAF foods by the age of 30. Another point I should add is that pressure to eat processed, cooked foods comes shortly after weaning, what with synthetic baby foods, McDonald's etc. I know many relatives who ate McDonald's crap during childhood and, since then, could never overcome their addiction to junk foods.

thehadezb:
I would say liver, meat or fat. Every food is difficult to digest for babies. The mother has to help the baby. It could be by chewing, pounding, blending, grinding, etc., depends on the babies capabilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version