Author Topic: What would Raw Paleo people do for socializing?  (Read 20366 times)

Offline Alan

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: What would Raw Paleo people do for socializing?
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 02:35:21 pm »
GoodSam,   wild natural salmon is found at the Rustan's Supermarket of Ayala Mall in Cebu.

KlowCarb,   i put my money where my mouth is, and got sterilized.  Let's see you do it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 06:03:03 pm »
KlowCarb,   i put my money where my mouth is, and got sterilized.  Let's see you do it.

Healthwise, that's not a good idea.
Many women have died, been severely bed ridden getting "fixed."
I have a friend who told me her personal story.
She was bed ridden for 2 years.
Bad roll of the dice?
But if you don't do it, the probability goes to zero.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 07:34:42 pm »
Your feelings will probably change later on. I know several women who said they'd never have kids.. And when they reached 35-39 and it was their last chance to get kids they all went for it.

I personally want kids, but not until I'm in my late 30's.

I've seen stuff like that too, another ten or fifteen years and a woman changes her mind.  My Mom did.  My cousin did.  Different partner needed possibly, if you're with one in the direction of no kids, and you'll need one in the direction of yes kids.  Ha, I say partner (singular) or one and then think gs.  Could be partners, whatever works. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2010, 07:32:09 am »
GoodSam,   wild natural salmon is found at the Rustan's Supermarket of Ayala Mall in Cebu.

I'd like to, but it is not necessary as long as I have access to reliable birth control.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2010, 10:31:20 am »

So you're asexual?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 08:54:47 pm »
So you're asexual?

They are not at all correlated.

Offline Alan

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2010, 12:44:23 am »
ideal activities for Raw Paleo  socializing?

1.  hunting

2. Raising livestock

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2010, 12:51:17 pm »

Are you durianrider?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 05:55:14 am »

1.  hunting

2. Raising livestock

Best answer I have seen yet.  I say this because it applies to me.  Ever since I went paleo I have had a strong desire to homestead and raise and kill my own domestic animals or to hunt wild animals.  I am going to go look at 40 acres of an old homestead this summer.  The land hasn't been worked in over 50 years and used to have an apple orchard on part of it.  It should be interesting.

Ryan

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 08:05:17 am »
I am still waiting and watching for the perfect homestead myself. There is a neighbor who claims that his friend is sitting on 60 acers and a 4 bedroom house for 250 a month and he is suppose to be moving. All the owner wants is 250 and to not be bothered about fix it issues. There has to be places out there like that all over this country. When I was 21 I rented a cabin on 80 acers for 200 a month. I am just waiting for this current lead to come through, and if it doesn't, I will wait till the next one. I got about a year or two to really make up my mind. I want to move to a place that I can settle on and raise free range animals, berry bushes, small garden and fruit trees.  
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2011, 09:07:35 am »
That sounds wonderful.  I am fortunate to be in a position to possibly work the land and buy it on land contract, it has been in my S.O.'s family for many generations and was used as a homestead in the past.  Unfortunately, all that is left of the old farmhouse is the stone foundation.  But the beautiful thing about land is its myriad uses.  You can grow crops, harvest wild plants, hunt, raise animals or bees, the possibilities are endless.  I have always been a hard worker and all of my employers have been happy to employ my talents, but working land is totally different.  It is closer to pure entrepreneurship, where you sink or swim based on your talents and energy.  I find that really appealing...

I guess a lot of people overlook wooded land because they want to grow crops or raise farm animals.  Wooded land can usually be found pretty cheap and you can still hunt, gather wild plants and mushrooms, etc.

Ryan

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 12:12:03 pm »
1.  hunting
2. Raising livestock

Durianrider,
facepalm yourself....
Just because a human eats raw meat does not mean that hunting and raising livestock is all that we want to do, or are capable of thinking about.... Although that does sound like a good idea   ;D

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2011, 01:49:23 am »
The real reason that Klowcarb doesnt want to get pregnant is that it would ruin her perfectly flat stomach! haha

And while you have done the world a favor by sterilizing yourself Alan, a man getting a vasectomy isnt really comparable to a woman being sterilized (dissected).

What kind of birth control do you take Klowcarb? artificial hormonal stuff? mares piss?!

Oh, and you dont really 'socialize' while you're hunting, because you're hunting.. its not 'shooting the shit' (haha) time, its down to business time..  You would socialize by.. you know.. sitting down and talking about stuff with your tribe friends or whatever.. the same as what regular people do, except you would be eating meat instead of chips and dip while you're chatting. and you would be looking at eachothers faces instead of the television.
That's not paleo.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 02:14:17 am »
Durianrider,
facepalm yourself....
Just because a human eats raw meat does not mean that hunting and raising livestock is all that we want to do, or are capable of thinking about.... Although that does sound like a good idea   ;D

Looking for road kill would also be fun.

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2011, 09:27:30 am »
Hiking, swimming, canoeing, climbing, and sitting around a fire at night would all be fun activities.  I definitely wouldn't cook anything on the fire though :)  Doing some sort of outdoor activity then feasting on raw meat would be a great way to spend the day with a fellow paleo person.

Someday, I would like to own land, learn how to hunt, learn how to raise animals, have a garden etc...  But for now, I'll just have to stay outdoors as much as possible, get as much sun as possible, and stay as raw as I can.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk