Raw Paleo Diet Forums > Health

Thoughts on appendicitis and appendix removal

(1/1)

kblonde:
Hi everyone,

First post in this post forum so thank you for reading this and nice to meet you all. I've been on a keto diet for the past 2 years and have recently switched to a raw carnivore diet (following Aajanus Vonderplanitz).

I've been having a slight punctuating pain (more like a small discomfort) right where the appendix is, but I'm not sure if it's something to worry about or not. It's been an irregular pain in the past year (don't feel it everyday), but lately I've been feeling a certain "pressure" or "tension" in that area. Not too much but I just feel it. As if something's building up there. But the feeling is so mild that I sometimes wonder if it's just my imagination.

I tend to avoid the doctor/medicines unless it's extremely necessary.

Anyone has experience with similar symptoms and/or with appendicitis? And thoughts on appendix removal? I've read that it's not a good idea because the appendix is an organ designed to protect us agains pathogens found in raw meat.

Thank you all for your help.

dariorpl:
According to doctors like mercola (alternative medicine, but still suggests appendix removal in most cases), if what you have is even an issue with the appendix, it's likely a mild form and it will heal itself eventually without the need for any interventions.

https://articles.mercola.com/appendicitis/duration.aspx

As far as I'm aware, regular doctors wouldn't be too concerned with the symptoms you're describing, but you may want to research that more.

In my experience what doctors do is get you to panic at the slightest thing, and think it could be the end of the world, that way you require their treatments to prevent a catastrophe. If nothing tragic occurs thereafter, they claim credit for saving your life, even though they have no evidence to suggest that had it not been for their treatment, you would in fact have died.

thehadezb:
An appendix is a very important part of your body.
Doctors will want to remove it from you always. They earn money for that.

norawnofun:
Don´t fall into the scaremongering of docs. All organs are important. Removing any of them because they think it can cause problems is a game I wouldn´t play. A friend of mine got his thyroid removed, because docs scared him that there could be some problem, turns out thyroid was actually fine but well, now it´s gone and he has to take lifelong medication. Great job!

Coming back to the appendix, I had around 3 times pain and tension in that area while doing my carnivore diet. That was always when I drank some wine the night before, plus green tea during the day, and then a proper fatty meal the next day. The pain was slight and lasted for a couple of seconds, initially I got concerned but I thought that it´s just my body adapting to carnivore. Only recently I noticed that the wine wasn´t the issue, but the combination with green tea and later wine. So that caused an issue for the fella down there. I mean you can always check it out, don´t ignore it. I remember the youtuber vegetable police mentioned recently (did carnivore as well), that after a longer water fast (which he broke with a raw egg), his appendix started to cause big issues, had to go to ER where they wanted to remove it, told him he´ll die otherwise, turns out he is fine but the issue was caused by a mesh that was implanted there by docs years ago. That messed up the appendix and now he want´s to take that mesh out. 

They are doing stem cell treatment in Scotland, I know of somebody that went there to get something regrown and replaced, i think it was something around the knee, not an organ, but I forgot. So if something is removed you MIGHT have the possibility to get it back, but then again I don´t know how far they can go at this stage, and where the limitations currently are. Either way, don´t be the guinea pig of docs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version