Author Topic: Can Raw Paleo help in overcoming Drinking Addiction?  (Read 3967 times)

Offline jibrael

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Can Raw Paleo help in overcoming Drinking Addiction?
« on: January 31, 2019, 04:24:57 am »
How to overcome this addiction?

Asking this question for a group of my facebook friends who seem to be addicted now. All of them are in UK. And they showed their willingness to get rid of it. They tried different thing, but failed.

Off course none of them know about Raw Paleo. But I was wondering if raw paleo could give extra strength to overcome this problem?

Any other non raw paleo suggestion is also welcome.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Can Raw Paleo help in overcoming Drinking Addiction?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 05:07:02 am »
Addictions mostly have to do with learned behavior and the people you hang out with (or dont). But yes, a healthy diet will help you feel more balanced and you won't need drugs as much. If you do continue consuming them, they will be less damaging because some of the harmful effects will be offset by your healthier diet.

AV recommended kiwifruit for treating all drug addictions, including alcoholism.

Also, tell your friend to eat some fats up to 2hs before and up to 2hs after each drink, this will reduce some of the damage from alcohol. A couple eggs might be enough.

Also, this is one case where you do want higher amounts of water than usual, to wash away the alcohol (if only because you won't be able to hold the large volume of urine in your bladder, and be forced to empty it more frequently, thus reducing reabsorption)
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 07:56:39 pm »
Other than dpl's excellent suggestions, I would also recommend eating high-meat before or after the alcohol to negate the effect. Oh, and milk-thistle is a useful herb to detox the liver.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 10:39:29 am »
find your way to a place inside yourself where you love yourself enough to quit doing harm to yourself

the answer is inside not outside   but You already know that

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 01:05:16 pm »
The environment of much of the UK, in and of itself, seems to drive many of decent people to Drink and use Drugs. The Grain heavy nutrient deficient diet of the average Brit, clouds the judgement, and confuses the senses... it makes people feel hollow and horrid. For many people drinking Beer is actually a healthier option than eating the marmite sandwiches and crumpets served as dietary staples throughout the United Kingdom. The Sugars Glutens and yeast consumed by almost every man woman and child over there, act like drugs in the Brain...this combined with a general air of despair, leads many people over there have a transgenerational predispositions for substance abuse.

Totally Brexiting the situation by leaving the country would be a suggestion for anyone who is hopelessly addicted and needs a fresh start. Otherwise I would encourage them to get off of Grains and refined sugars first, then throw away the marmite and beer, and start drinking the purest spring water available. People do not realise how drug addictions are exacerbated by food addictions, and it may go along way to help people get off alcohol and hard drugs if they could first get off of Sugars, Grains, and processed foods.

Ive come to accept that many people are not willing to even take these first simple steps toward cleaning up their life, and in most cases its a waste of time to get into further discussions regarding adding raw meats to the diet. I also know a large number of people with these issues, and recently my cousin had died, as a result of years of Drugs, Alcohol, and Processed Foods. Many will never see the connections, but if you look at most drug addicted people, they are usually also addicted to Junk Foods, that hooked them as young children. The brain gets conditioned toward addictions, and for people already long down this road to ruin, it can be monumentally difficult to change.

I have found it best to accept that many people wont change, even if the say they want to.... to try not to make things into a personal judgement, while showing them you care for them anyway, regardless of what they are struggling with.

Humor also helps, and whenever I see someone hopelessly chasing the cycles of addiction it reminds me of poem "the perfect high" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGALoQoxXrU&feature=player_embedded

« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 01:19:28 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline thehadezb

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 05:07:55 am »
I'm drinking beer everyday now. Doesn't cause me any digestive issue and it looks to be a probiotic.

Better to drink craft beer than to eat grains.

Offline norawnofun

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 05:29:40 am »
Changing the environment is vital. That includes changing habits and friends, sometimes even location. Diet for sure has a big impact. But if u keep on meeting ppl that consider drinking as the only way of escaping harsh reality, then diet wont be effective enough. Hypnosis, done by an experienced hypnotist, can heal many addictions, since many of them have manifested due to old traumas. Ayahuasca would be a step further, if the person is still in a sane state of mind and if the ritual is done by an indigenous experienced shaman. A psychologist can be of help as well, but might sometimes not be effective enough, or might not go as deep into the subconscious as a person might need. Even doing sports or going to the gym can change addictive patterns, as u tend to keep ur body "cleaner" during workout, then dietary changes can become a healthy habit. But out of experience I plead that a change of environment, new friendships, or new life "situations" are among the most effective impacts, everything else usually follows or is a consequence of thereafter.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 07:51:07 pm »
Also, if you're going to drink alcohol, and if it's available or you can make it yourself, raw organic additive-free wine, mead or cider or other raw fermented drink would be preferable. (the source ingredients must be raw also, for the drink to be truly raw)
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk