Author Topic: Eating diets high in cooked fat and processed sugar risks sepsis  (Read 3015 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Eating diets high in cooked fat and processed sugar risks sepsis
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 03:30:42 am »
does not have to be cooked   glycation will happen with raw too

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 07:21:34 am »
does not have to be cooked   glycation will happen with raw too
  Err, please don't exaggerate this. Be honest, heat makes things worse. I recall that you previously  "overlooked" the harm done by  ALEs(alpha lipoxidation end-products). What I mean is that  HGs consuming, occasionally,  some raw honeycomb or raw sugar-cane, combined with  raw animal fats such as raw beaver fat or whatever, would not have suffered, healthwise.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 09:08:12 am »
if they ate honey and beaver fat 2-3 times a day like most westerners eat fat and carbs do, I doubt they would not have problems.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 10:41:32 am »
It's funny how Tyler agrees that the problem is the cooking when it comes to raw foods he likes, but when it comes to dairy he refuses to see that the data he's referencing is derived purely from cooked sources.

On topic: Despite Van's views on glycation, In my personal experience, a high fat, cooked, very low carb diet combined with vigorous exercise is dangerous to the heart and will cause blockages, even moreso than a diet where you have both fats and sugar.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 02:30:12 pm »
The simple fact that allergies to raw dairy are the number 1 mentioned problem among RVAFers over the years is data enough. And given that I focused on an issue that had nothing whatsoever to do with raw vs cooked, but the common component of excess calcium present in both raw and pasteurised, I made a good point. It was you who failed to show evidence that calcium is somehow rendered way more dangerous via cooking - as I had pointed out, if anything, calcium in pasteurised dairy would be likely to be less absorbable, not more.

As regards diet, I am sure there were HGs who ate high fat high sugar diets, of a mostly raw nature. After all, the so-called "palaeo" diet was extremely varied and changed according to different climates etc. As long as the food was raw and unprocessed and extremely varied, it seems logical to me that such HGs would have been very healthy. Some humans do indeed  exist well on very extreme diets, but these require different genetics to adapt to them. For example, the Inuit have extra-large livers which allow them to digest more protein than other humans, given their mostly zero-carb diet.
" Ron Paul.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 03:12:20 pm »
It's funny how Tyler agrees that the problem is the cooking when it comes to raw foods he likes, but when it comes to dairy he refuses to see that the data he's referencing is derived purely from cooked sources.

On topic: Despite Van's views on glycation, In my personal experience, a high fat, cooked, very low carb diet combined with vigorous exercise is dangerous to the heart and will cause blockages, even moreso than a diet where you have both fats and sugar.

you had blockages?

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 06:35:23 pm »
you had blockages?

I had pain in my heart that suggested blockages. It got worse around the times of a meal or exercise.

The pain was significantly reduced once I started including more (cooked) carbs and stopped exercising.

It took years on a raw diet to reverse the damage. And I'm not sure it's completely reversed.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk