Author Topic: Advantages to chicken, pork, fish...Anyone?  (Read 26420 times)

Offline cjb

• Forager
    • View Profile
Advantages to chicken, pork, fish...Anyone?
« on: June 27, 2009, 07:19:24 pm »
My tendency is to stick with beef in all its forms.  I am thinking about trying chicken or pork raw.  Can anyone tell me about different benefits they have had on chicken and pork or fish versus just beef?  While I find any form of beef totally appealing in the raw, the thought of raw chicken grosses me out.  Raw pork seems even more unappealing.  But I am wondering if this would add to my overall health and perhaps chicken and pork are more appealing when not cooked.   

I am writing this, too, b/c I do have those fears about "worms" from pork or weird stuff from raw fish.  But this doesn't really match with everything else b/c I am not a frequent hand washer, never worry about "catching" germs, and am not concerned in the slightest about eating raw meat.  Hopefully, listening to some of you can allay this.

What has been your experience with chicken, fish, or pork in raw form?  I wonder if I would like it better b/c chicken is not very appealing to me, nor is pork.  And fish, of course, I have eaten raw, but for some reason, the past two times I have had sashimi, I felt like I was going to throw up later that night.  And this is unusual for me b/c I can eat REALLY old meat and never feel sick. 

I am very inspired reading on this site.  I did raw foods for several years, then went back to regular eating, and am on close to ZC now.  I am finding that raw feels so much lighter, and I need much less to feel satisfied.  This is a great thing!

William

Re: Advantages to chicken, pork, fish...Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 06:03:27 am »

What has been your experience with chicken, fish, or pork in raw form? 

They are all better dried to taste.
I don't think worms/parasites take well to being dried.  ;)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 08:57:50 am »
I've tried chicken several times, it's not my favorite food.  Some chickens taste better than others.  I don't dream about it.  Unlike beef where my mouth waters over it.

I also tried duck.  Not something I crave about.

I tried organically raised boar - raw tastes good, but supply is very hard / sporadic in my area.

Raw fish is a staple where I live, I like raw tuna, raw dorado, dilis, blue marlin, oysters, shellfish, squid, tangigue, shrimp... many many stuff, as long as you can get it really fresh, same day.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cjb

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 09:10:53 am »
thank you!  You are all so helpful on here.  I have been poring over all the material since yesterday.  Lex referred me to this site.  I love it!!!  I notice I am so much "lighter" when not cooking.

so what about the fish and the mercury issue?  I used to LOVE eating raw tuna but I think the mercury is a problem even if you are not eating carbs.  What about this....

so it doesn't seem as if anyone is RAVING about raw pork or chicken.  makes me not motivated to eat it. blech.  but I would be willing if someone had fantastic effects from it. ;)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 09:35:31 am »
Aajonus says in his books that raw chicken is good for something.  Of course it must be organic.

The freshest raw tuna is amazing, get the top most quality.  I'm not scared of the mercury warnings.  I believe since we eat the tuna raw, whatever mercury in the raw tuna is in homeopathic form... beneficial to us. 

I feed raw tuna to my kids regularly.  To make it more fun, I get nori (japanese sea weed paper) and some ripe yellow mango and they roll their own sushi.  It's fun for them, healthy party food.  And it's all raw except for the nori.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 11:09:50 am »
CJB,
Most of us that have been doing this awhile find that red meats tend to be much more satisfying than fish or fowl.  When eating fish or fowl we are soon hungry again where red meats will allow us to eat just one or maybe two meals per day at most.  The fatty acid profile of the fat in grass fed red meats is also closer to what many of us believe we evolved on.  There is much less fat in fish and fowl and what fat there is, is more unstaurated and we need saturated fats as our primary fuel.

My suggestion is to go ahead and try everything as there certainly is no penalty for experimenting with different meats and you'll soon learn what works best for you and what doesn't.  Some things will satify and some won't.  Have some fun with it.  You'll learn quickly.  Also, start a Journal and record what you learn about the different foods you eat.  It will help others on their journey.

Lex

Offline cjb

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 11:15:09 am »
Thank you!  I will start my journal!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 05:38:29 pm »
I stay away, mostly, from pork or fowl but that's solely because most domesticated pigs and fowl are fed on diets very high in grains, which makes their nutrient-profile(and taste) very poor. On the other hand, I love eating wild boar meat or wild mallard duck when available in season etc. Don't worry re the issue of parasites. We all start out phobic re parasites at the beginning, but the vast majority, other than a tiny handful of hypochondriacs, don't worry about the issue after being years on RPD diet without ever having a problem.Besides, farms in the west are so over-regulated that even the organic ones are forced to deworm their animals as a routine procedure.

Re fish:- I find that raw seafood is particularly useful for my health and I generally find that I thrive better when I have at least some portion of seafood in my diet(10-40%?) Raw oysters, for example, IMO, provide me with far more nutrients than much of the grassfed meats I buy, and are as good as the wildgame meats I get(such as wild hare carcasses). Raw (wild)
 seafood is very high in vitamins and minerals and, IMO, much of the grassfed meat, however 100% grassfed, is substandard by comparison. This is mainly because they don't feed their cattle on a wide variety of herbs etc., which is what would happen in the wild. Just don't buy farmed seafood.

There's no need to worry about the issue of mercury in fish. The whole issue is a scam dreamt up by the pro-vegan PETA and the green movement. Here's a (still ongoing)  study which debunked the whole notion, which focused on Seychelles Islanders who ate 10 times as much seafood as the average American  yet never had the slightest problem:-

http://www.rochester.edu/pr/releases/med/mercury.htm

Here's a website which describes some of the major flaws in the mercury-fish theory:-

http://fishscam.com/mercuryMyths.cfm

The mercury-fish theory is so often cited that I think I'll have to put info debunking it in the sticky thread for RPD newbies.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cjb

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 02:34:08 am »
Hmm,  Geoff....this is food for thought!   Why is it you think that our friend got mercury poisoning from eating swordfish, and tuna, etc.  and then when he stopped, he was able to reverse it.  He doesn't eat low carb or close to.  This is confusing to me, b/c he did have mercury poisoning.  HOw could it not be right??  I would LOVE if it is not right b/c I really enjoy raw tuna.  this is one of those things that would be very nice for me to be reassured about, but I am not seeing how this could be...I would LOVE to be wrong about this.  It makes me very angry that I can't eat tuna!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 07:55:45 am »
Hmm,  Geoff....this is food for thought!   Why is it you think that our friend got mercury poisoning from eating swordfish, and tuna, etc.  and then when he stopped, he was able to reverse it.  He doesn't eat low carb or close to.  This is confusing to me, b/c he did have mercury poisoning.  HOw could it not be right??  I would LOVE if it is not right b/c I really enjoy raw tuna.  this is one of those things that would be very nice for me to be reassured about, but I am not seeing how this could be...I would LOVE to be wrong about this.  It makes me very angry that I can't eat tuna!

I experienced true mercury poisoning from my amalgams and the removal of my amalgams without a biological dentist's equipment while my eczema was raging in 2005.  I personally know what mercury poisoning is.  And I'm pretty sure I don't get mercury poisoning from the raw ocean fish I eat.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 05:12:48 pm »
Well, my view is that what people usually think of as mercury-poisoning is always due to some other unrelated  health-problem. Genuine mercury-poisoning is very rare(such as what happened at Minamata Bay).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 05:35:15 am »
They are all better dried to taste.
I don't think worms/parasites take well to being dried.  ;)
Drying at low temperatures reportedly does not kill parasites, but freezing at sufficiently low temps and for sufficiently long periods is supposed to kill them. From my brief search on the subject, there are apparently different opinions on how low one must go and for how long.

I'm not particularly concerned about parasite infection and haven't taken much in the way of precautions, but I am interested in what herbal treatments actually work, since it only takes one infection to make life miserable and I plan to eat this way for a long, long time. Goodsamaritan, which of the treatments that you and your wife tried would you say works best and how do you know it worked (did you see excreted parasites)?

Interestingly, I saw a documentary in which chimpanzees ate the bumpy leaves of a particular tree to clean out parasites. When Paleo humans were new to an area they probably watched other mammals to see what herbal/natural treatments to use as well as what plants were safe to eat.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 05:16:28 pm »
    Read Aajonus' newsletter archives.  He studied mercury and fish eating.  You'll have answers there.  Did your carber friend eat their carbs cooked?  How about their muscle meats?  Fats?

I eat raw chicken, raw duck and raw pork.  I ate raw pork tonight, not uncommon for me.  I bought raw chicken yesterday to eat today.  I used to eat more raw chicken.  I liked it better.  I eat more raw pork at the moment.  I like that better.  When I first started I ate more raw fish for my meat.  I liked that.  I have not liked raw beef yet.  I do like raw buffalo.  I do not like raw deer.

Raw "white" meats help calm.  Raw red meats give you iron.  Raw fish can help your nervous system and glands.  That journal sounds like an excellent way to learn and teach.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 07:34:04 pm »
I'm not particularly concerned about parasite infection and haven't taken much in the way of precautions, but I am interested in what herbal treatments actually work, since it only takes one infection to make life miserable and I plan to eat this way for a long, long time. Goodsamaritan, which of the treatments that you and your wife tried would you say works best and how do you know it worked (did you see excreted parasites)?

We've got a full range of anti-parasite stuff:
- hulda clark type zappers, we have 3 of these
- herbal dewormers from barefootherbalistmh.com and humaworm.com
- beam ray treatments from a very knowledgable operator

I'm not afraid of parasites.  I recognize they exist in symbiosis with us most of the time.  But during my non paleo days and lifestyle where we got a lot of chemical pollution from alcohols and more... some parasites may have grown where they should not be... for example the liver.

Parasite cleansing needs to be well thought out.  You have to clean your colon and your kidneys first before you do your parasite cleanses because through those channels the dead bodies of the parasites will have to go through.

These anti-parasite measures have saved our family members time, effort and money which the western medical industry has no answers.

I used to be awfully sick with eczema, my first deworming resulted in expelling of tomato peel like parasites. 

My first born boy has parasites and has been pooping worms when we do dewormings for him.  I feel he needs more nutrition than deworming.

My then 3 year old girl had a painful nape no chiropractor could solve, just 20 minutes of zapping did it. 

I did a recent beam ray appointment to look for hidden infections in my jaw... man, I pooped and pooped the following day and my pee smelled really bad afterwards... that beam ray is powerful stuff.  Imagine the damage to someone who has impaired kidneys and colon... scary.

My wife has the symptoms of a beginning amoebiasis, she took the herbal dewormer to take care of it immediately.

Not only do these anti-parasite stuff work, they are very powerful and not to be toyed around with.

Barefoot says his dewormer is powerful and safe because it is nutrition given to the liver so the body can cleanse its own system of parasites instead of directly harming the parasites.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 08:22:26 pm »
Beam ray treatments?   ??? l) :o  It sounds like something out of star trek (and as nonsensical as much of the language/gobbledygook  in star trek "re "reversing the polarity" etc.

But then I'm a parasite-skeptic, I guess.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 08:31:40 pm »
Beam Ray is a the brand name.  Generically these are called frequency generators.  It was raymond royal rife who first hunted down various parasites, bacteria, viruses with his most powerful optical microscopes back in the 1930s.  He found out that each creature had a mortal frequency, hit that frequency and you disintigrate the culprits.  It is like science fiction, but it works. 

Blogged here was my beam ray experience http://www.curemanual.com/blog/2009/06/the-amazing-beam-ray-machine-for-parasites-bacteria-fungi-and-viruses-operated-by-romy-macapagal/

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 09:58:15 pm »
How did he show that the organism was dead after applying the frequency, and that it didn't hurt anything else?

Offline MMD

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 03:02:21 am »
Good Samaritan:  I am concerned that you and your family seem to be so susceptible to parasite infections.  What is the source of this?  How did you diagnose?

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 04:18:47 am »
Yeah... Wha'gwan whid dat...? Is it just because of where he comes from they don't de-worm? In that case parasites may be a big threat, but just not many get through to our plates. I've heard of tapeworms growing huge inside people and eating their way out; or coming out of people's mouths. I've seen them come out in pig faeces and they's massive...
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 01:50:21 pm »
In warm areas like GS lives, there isn't a die off period from cold weather, thus the populations of parasites can be astronomical to what we have here.

William

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 09:36:06 pm »
It is the weather/climate/environment/terrain in the gut that matters.

So-called parasites should only be a problem if we eat neolithic "food".

Such problems could even be considered the result of a test to see if we really have been eating a paleolithic diet.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 12:25:45 am »
Isn't it possible all those parasites could be from the fish?

I red somewhere you need to freeze fish for 14 days to kill fish eggs.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2012, 05:53:07 am »
I think you mean to kill fish parasites and their eggs, and yes, 14 days is the recommended time frame I've seen. I don't bother with it, though. Fish are the only animal I've seen parasites in, so I find it ironic that most people are more willing to eat fish raw than other meats.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 06:21:45 am »
Just find well raised sources of chicken and pork and try them both. Eat whatever meat you are craving like I do. My staple is meat but when I crave chicken or pork I eat those as well. Its good to try more things so your body knows whats in those foods for when you are deficient in whatever that particular food contains.

Iv been eating fish a lot less these days since it jsut doesnt satisfy my hunger at all these days. It just feels so light in my stomach now that iv been working out. Before I had times when I ate only fish and no other meat for up to a week at a time.

just dont overthink it. Your body will tell you what you should eat at the time. you should listen.

you will become more in tune with your bodies needs the longer you eat only raw foods.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 06:22:29 am »
and people need to stop worrying about parasites in my opinion.

just trust nature.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk